Show us your shelters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
dont know if there has already been a thread like this, no doubt will have been, but there is new member so new shelters :D Show us your shelters (Show us your tents counterparts:D)

:headbang: :nutkick:

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
dont know if there has already been a thread like this, no doubt will have been, but there is new member so new shelters :D Show us your shelters (Show us your tents counterparts.:D )

Quite amazing that you didn't know of another thread but came up with the same wording, same parentheses, same smiley :)

What are the chances of that?

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I admit it does look bad, but I HONESTLY have never seen that other thread, i searched in "natural shelters" in the search bar at top right and couldn't find anything so I figured there hadn't been one. And if you look at my other posts I use the " :D " smiley quite a lot

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I think its fine starting another thread about shelters, as you say; new members, new shelters.
and a few old ones too:D
these two were built by students on one of our beginners days:
P3020030bcopyreszdshelter2.jpg

P3020021acopyreszdsheltermark.jpg

While this one:
CNV00002copyresizedleanto.jpg

was built by me, for a Festival event, a few years back
CNV00003copyresizedleanto.jpg

The two top ones;were built with no tools or cordage,and entirely natural materials; literally just what was available on the forest floor.
The "lean to" was built from stripped down ex christmas tree's and a load of green bough from a corsican pine that had snapped in half in a gale! I had to use military issue cordage for lashing the cross bar, due to the fact that the public were to be allowed access to the shelter itself. The rest of the lashings were improvised from bramble.
:)
cheers
Steve

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
They are EXCELLENTY :D:D those first two were done by beginners? could of fooled me.....well done to them!!

mmmm yours looks like it would of been a nice nights sleep :D

What did you do for a bed?

ryback

Feb 9, 2009
Oslo, Norway
I spent last weekend in a lean to (gapahuk). Used a self inflating groundsheet as a friend borrowed the one I usually use. I forgot to close the vent on it and got a bit chilly when the booze stopped working but the lean to was perfect! I will see if I can take a picture of it when I head into the woods come Sunday!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE