Show us your flaming kettles ... (pic heavy Brewing Viewing)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Woooooooo !!! where'd you get it for £1.50 ??? I paid 3 times that and still love it to pieces :D

I was just walkinh round Tesco in Huntingdon at the end of the camping season and they had them in there for £1.50 a pop, they had a few in there and I wish I had bought them all now tbh!!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
My first Group kettle (now with the Silchester lads). it started its life in a Civil Service office and I saved it from the skip when we moved office. It is sitting on my gas wood burning stove.

DSC05692.jpg

Me second Group kettle. This has had a lot of use over the years and is great on exercise for heating your boil in the bag rations.

DSC02448.jpg

My latest Group kettle. A little bit smaller than the second but I like the style. Bought it off Spikey.

WP_20130425_041_zps0a7fd347.jpg

Needless to say I have a few Kelly kettles now for groups.

WP_20130426_014_zps1de185ca.jpg

For personal use but not yet tried out I have this little one.

563720_10151413658604385_223379655_n.jpg

Thanks for looking.

George

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Show us your flaming kettles ... (possibly pic heavy). Possibly one of the biggest understatements of the year, We do seem to like our kettles. "Everything stops for tea."
[video=youtube;v4IKzEYMre8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IKzEYMre8[/video]

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Great video, and after a brew when we're all in a good mood what could be better than

[video=youtube;h-3ibSwnanE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3ibSwnanE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
I'm loving all these kettles with veiws and stories- there can't be any better symbol of woodland comfort, the very best woodland present I ever got was waking up to a thermos of hot water a very considerate and lovely neighbour in the woods had left for me to wake to :)
attachment.php

Martins camp coffee pot. That was nuclear juice by sunday, just the jobbie for a good weekend workparty :)

attachment.php

And my favorite brew pause picture, no sporks included.... ;)

The most impressive brewage I remember was Woodspirits smouldering log which kept going all through one cold meet weekend, no flames but enough heat to keep that little eagle pumping out the hot water like a little magic porridge pot :) Thank you, Phil, for a thread on a subject close to our hearts!

ahh! this one Sal'. my little trangia :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE