My Traditional Style Bushcraft Kit (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Re the straps digging in. Maybe you could add some padding? Easy enough t do

Yeah I have thought about that, may get round to it at some point! It is surprisingly comfortable though considering.
Re compass: I have several simple compass's that I use but I don't go anywhere that I need them that often so I left it out :) Going to get myself a nice one at some point though!

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Yet another question.
Do you rough filter water prior to boiling? If so do you use a millbank or are you going more traditional and using a bandana?

To be honest I've only recently become aware of the millbank bags, but I don't think I'll bother with one as a bandanna has been perfectly fine up till now and allot smaller than a millbank bag!

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Looks beautiful, but I imagine that it's a pain to dry out if it gets wet at all!
Thank for posting that up

I haven't used it all in the rain yet, but yeah I can imagine! aha. That's one of the reason's I'm going to be using some more modern equipment in the winter. It's just more comfortable when the weather is harsh.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Why didn't you tell us about the vid ? .......we can get a better idea of the set-up.:)
[video=youtube_share;1dAw6bEwGZY]http://youtu.be/1dAw6bEwGZY[/video]

Hope you don't mind ..

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Re compass: I have several simple compass's that I use but I don't go anywhere that I need them that often so I left it out :) Going to get myself a nice one at some point though!.."

Do you have a spare £110?

I have just the thing for you...

9aN6P4p.jpg

"A 19th century pocket sundial in yew wood case having gimballed compass dial under dome, with label"

From here.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE