Show me your Wannigan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've got a surplus of pallet wood that I've split and is currently in my shed. I'm looking at building a Wannigan to keep my dutch ovens and cooking kit but I nee inspiration.

So as the title says... Show my your Wannigan's.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I'd be interested in this too
Currently I use DO bags, a washing up bowl big enough to store a 10 inch DO, cardboard DO box, a padded laptop bag for the skillet and a clear plastic box for the odds and sods stuff like ladles, oil, flour pie tins etc.
Been wondering about how to make it all one unit without it being so heavy you need a crane to move it!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'll get some more pictures when it's light, I forgot and this is my phone camera in the dark :D

Both out of pallet wood....

Dutch oven box

IMG_5369.jpg

3 ring cooker box
IMG_5371.jpg

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I keep toying with the idea of making myself a bespoke wannigan for canoeing and as a camp kitchen.

Problem is if I store all my cast iron pans in it it would take a fork lift to move it.
I know the Wannigan is for canoeing but for me it's mainly for the car/trailer as a way of transporting and organising and possibly as a prep area. I've got a few ideas I'm drawing out, although at this rate it might be easier for me to make a couple of separate units.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I just call this a box. I made it from pallet wood because I was fed up with turning up at a site with stuff in plastic boxes and carrier bags. The whole thing was scorched with a blow torch then doused in boiled linseed oil.
IMG_20171201_141905.jpg
The design was based on the old US ammo boxes.

It sort of matches the box I made for my Vapalux lamp:
IMG_20171201_144408.jpg

Z

Last edited:
Reactions: Arya

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE