show me yer antler and bone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Made the Handle and scabbard for this a while ago.

borgknife.jpg

Silver and reindeer antler.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Some great knives on here now.

Wickerman: that looks like a great user, I like it when there is some of the antler bark left on
wayland: that work on your handle must of taken ages
Southey: thats a root an tootin knife yer making there:)
pignut: another good looking knife mate

I like that nessy it actually looks like the one in his book . kinda real deal thing

that was the aim ;) only hte crown is sloped the wrong way but i couldn't find one like that think it was artistic licence on the small wood print
I was interested in teh strange ( to me ) design so wanted as accurate a copy as i could to try it and understand how it worked before i changed anything

here is the wood print from the book i took into CAD to get the shape
bignessy.jpg

now its spawned a range in 4 sizes ;) for my modern version
NessyFm1.jpg

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I should be putting this together soon - Antler handle, flint blade fixed with hide glue and bound with sinew, sealed with a pine resin mix - housed in a beaver tail sheath.

Looking forward to see the finished knife Patrick, I have been admiring the stuff you make on your stand at wilderness gathering for years now. Hopefully you will add this knife to your display :)

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Came this morning. This is going to last me quite some time...

IMG_0002.jpg

It needs a good honing, but considering Trevors workload I'm not surprised!

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats a beaut mrcairney. I love mine. They do come blunt but sharpen really easily and are just....a classic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE