Shovels?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Does anyone take a folding shovel out with them?

Ive never bothered but I'm starting to think it could be quite useful.

Andy

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Only in the winter.

A fiskars plastic trowel or stick does for the rest of the year.

More and more I'm carrying everything out again.

Last edited:

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I dont take one with me, If I need to dig a hole for whatever reason, fire pit, or to put support beams for a shelter in etc, just use a digging stick :) less to carry...just as effective! 

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I got one that lives in the back of the Disco all of the time for off roading..... But also use a small trowel if i am out and about.....

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
in the Jeep i carry a British GS T-handle and a russian E-tool...when walking in the woods i carry a plastic trowel for a digging a cat hole...vince g. 11B INF...

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I used to carry a folding Issue jobbie, but for the weight I decided against it. If I need a digging implement now, I go for a ferreting spade.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I carry a builders shovel all year round in my van(i'm not a builder)some times take my cold steel shovel out into the woods, it works well as an axe, & a machete, it can dig, & its fun to throw.

Rob

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
+1 same as barn owl and a proper one in the boot of the car as well regards dave

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
E-toolunder the back seat but usually nothing in the woods. If I need to dig, I'll use my knife.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I've got one of the German Army folders (solid wood handle plus blade that folds back onto the handle) in the boot of the car. Never actually used it though!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Sometimes carry a shovel in the van in winter but its a number 2 Bulldog, not any folding thing.

It has been slightly shortened, pretty much like anyone who works concrete for any time does to a shovel though.

My brother left it at my house a few years ago and for some strange reason its never made its way back...

Jun 20, 2012
Canada
I picked up a Hori Hori for my wife. Might be a good alternative to a trowel.

AAAAC1IPJPUAAAAAAUKm_g.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE