short hike and camp part 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
We were supposed to go family camping this weekend. It was to be the last one for a few months for my wife's friend as she is about to due to give birth. But with the little one and the wife not feeling their best, plus my daughter's soccer game, we weren't going to make it. Since a couple of the ladies were going early and their husbands weren't going to be there, my wife asked me to go and help set up for them.

I got there at the appointed time but both the ladies were going to get there later so I took the opportunity to take a short easy hike around the area. I figured I could take some pictures in the hour I walked around. So here they are.

There's a little trail behind the tree in the clearing.

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia002.jpg

The tree was like the guardian. Here it is from the trail with the morning sun coming through.

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia030.jpg

The only critters I saw were mongoose and a couple of families of chicken. Lots of baby chicks. I didn't get any pictures. And while I didn't see any pigs at all this time, there was a lot of sign. There was pig poop all over the place as well as the rooted up area. They really are pretty destructive,

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia005.jpg

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia041.jpg

Some flowers.

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia009.jpg

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia011.jpg

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia010.jpg

Then I heard some water gurgling. I didn't think I was near a stream yet. But I found this little bitty stream that made the most peaceful of sounds.

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia016.jpg

Pictures-200801Hoomaluhia025.jpg

more to follow...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE