Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm sure we could get some optical fibre cable in there somehow.

Now I've been researching the kitchen options... is granite worktop really necessary? Can we slum it with natural wood?

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
hhhmmm, i could probably make do with a Black Palm or a Rosewood worktop!

Best to use the granite option if it's wood I'll be too tempted to cut it up for knife scales. I've already butchered the chopping board :rolleyes:

This place really is an online assylum for those of us that have spent too long inhaling stove fumes and have gone a bit perculiar isn't it?

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Serious idea... whilst there is 8 of us, we going to do a communal meal?

Shouldn't be too hard to organise... different people bringing different foods/pans/prep materials.

Just an idea.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Serious idea... whilst there is 8 of us, we going to do a communal meal?

Shouldn't be too hard to organise... different people bringing different foods/pans/prep materials.

Just an idea.

I could get behind that idea dewi

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Yep I don't mind helping out with some homemade food...all of my pots and pans are 1 man setups! Haha 😰

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Oh wait I do have a zebra Billy can which I've never got round to using yet! Haha I'm so useless at getting out on a camp I usually just walk and pass out somewhere random in a bivvy :eek:

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thats the idea though Grotz... some of us bring meat, some veg, maybe some sauces whatever... then those with the pots and pans bring those... works out for a communal meal where everyone chips in, everyone gets a great meal... and no 'clash of the pans' over the fire pit while we're all in 'get to know each other' mode. :)

Suggestions for a communal meal then?

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Great idea, I usually just cook and eat out of a Dutch army mug so pots and pans aren't something I carry. I will however bring food and drink :)

I don't know what kit everyone else has but paper plates may be a good idea? Just chuck them on the fire when you're done...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE