Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
I was thinking of getting there about lunchtime with it getting g dark about 330. Just to get a tent up and a lantern ready.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I'm sure you've been offered a lift already Mick but seeing as Derby is only 30mins from the woods I'll offer my services too. Just let me know if you need picking up mate

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm sure you've been offered a lift already Mick but seeing as Derby is only 30mins from the woods I'll offer my services too. Just let me know if you need picking up mate

Cheers wacker either one that's willing to save me the walk I'll be very grateful!

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
If its any help to people coming by train - closest station is Whatstandwell - 2 miles away from site.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I can do a pick up as well if necessary.

Now then, looking at the rules, who is digging the latrines? :D

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
7 axes, 7 machetes, at least 14 knives, enough meat and booze to supply the navy. Yet only one lavvy spade!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I don't mind digging the dunny... I've done it many times before now.

Best job is the digging... I just feel sorry for the poor b*gger who has to fill it in at the end of the weekend... thanks for volunteering Wacker :)

And Mick... shouldn't that be 8 axes, 8 machetes and 16 knives? Unless you're doing a no kit weekend on us!?!

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Haha fair play! It's a shame I've only got a tiny little folding trowel isn't it!

I don't know where these machetes are coming from like?! I've only got a little stainless knife and an axe :p

Grotzilla are you some kind of ninja bushcrafter who can split wood with his hands or something??

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
You can borrow my spade Wacker :p And don't worry... he who digs it, fills it... I guess I drew the short straw :)

Grotz... if you need a knife, I'll bring you a knife... won't be anything fancy but its better than nowt at all.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I don't mind digging the dunny... I've done it many times before now.

Best job is the digging... I just feel sorry for the poor b*gger who has to fill it in at the end of the weekend... thanks for volunteering Wacker :)

And Mick... shouldn't that be 8 axes, 8 machetes and 16 knives? Unless you're doing a no kit weekend on us!?!

It should indeed, but I wouldn't call Wilson a knife ;)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I love how nobody challenged my enough meat and booze to supply the navy comment like!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Depends on how far they are from port Mick :) Those Navy lads can eat like horses and drink more than the average when they get the chance.

Working on slimming down my kit before we head up into the woods... I've got new kit coming, gift for my 40th this weekend... though I need to add a decent shovel to the kit... my foldaway isn't going to dig a metre deep pit!

You have to bring Wilson though, want to meet him in person.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Depends on how far they are from port Mick :) Those Navy lads can eat like horses and drink more than the average when they get the chance.

Working on slimming down my kit before we head up into the woods... I've got new kit coming, gift for my 40th this weekend... though I need to add a decent shovel to the kit... my foldaway isn't going to dig a metre deep pit!

You have to bring Wilson though, want to meet him in person.

Well maybe just enough to supply a lifeboat!
I'm a folding shovel person too like so of little use.
Wilson has barely left my side since I ground it up! I might even polish the machining marks out before I go

johntarmac

May 17, 2015
Herts
So is the spade covered? I'm happy to bring one, if it's a long walk I can multi-purpose it as a crutch. Anything else group related needed? Flour and bread making ingredients possibly?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE