Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Cracking idea the paper plates and defininately gets everyone into the get to know you mindset. Have to upgrade from my little grill and finding a wild lager can kit arrangement!

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Haha!

What about just doing something really easy the first night? Just chuck a load of meat over the fire and maybe get some vegetable rice and a few other bits to go along with it, sort of a barbecue style buffet? We could even bring some cold stuff like potato salad that won't need any prep. Just an idea...

I'm with Mick though I'll eat anything...

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I could dust off the ghillie in the mean time and see if I can go bullseye bambi? Roasts up lovely over a fire does a bit of venison or nice for a stew kind of meal

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
K... so some roasted meat... how about we wrap some spuds up and chuck them in the coals while the meat is cooking? That is quick and easy... got some fireman gloves for digging them out.

If anyone has a big pot for cooking, I can cook us up a chilli for the second night... I'm good at chilli. It's one of those meals you can just dip into, have a munch... then dip in again after a couple of beers.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
K... so some roasted meat... how about we wrap some spuds up and chuck them in the coals while the meat is cooking? That is quick and easy... got some fireman gloves for digging them out.

If anyone has a big pot for cooking, I can cook us up a chilli for the second night... I'm good at chilli. It's one of those meals you can just dip into, have a munch... then dip in again after a couple of beers.

Sounds grand mate. Very partial to a spot of chilli. Pots and pans wise I'm limited to what I can get into a national express bus and into wackers car though

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
You just know the breakfast at camp is going to be good :)

Only problem, I get that comfy in the hammock, I oversleep pretty much every time. Well apart from Britton Wood... for some reason that place invites you to wake up and enjoy. Whereas normally I'd have rolled over and gone back to sleep, I wanted to get up and sit in the woods making a brew.

Short of it is, if you can get me awake early doors, breakfast will be good! :)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm more your crack of dawn get the kettle on sort so rest assured you can count on an early cuppa!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Got a base camp KK, so an early brew arrives in 5 minutes :)

Reminds me (for whatever reason) the clocks go back by the time we're up there... I need a new headtorch.

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
Love the communal meal idea. BBQ/buffet for night one sounds like a plan, and chilli sounds great Dewi!

I love sweet potatoes thrown onto some hot coals, so i'll be bringing a load of them as well.

I only have one-man use pots (Straight from the pan into the man!!), but as i'll be driving up, i could throw a big cook pot into the car (i'm guessing the walk into the woods isn't to far from where cars can be parked?) so i can carry that in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE