Sharpest Knife You Own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
CrookedKnife1.jpg

This thing which is polished completely flat on the back and which up until Thursday last I was actually scared to use until I picked up a as new one of these

http://www.smico.ca/cart/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=512&osCsid=3f733bc4d0ecdc14d85e6a9ead5dc311

but left handed for £2 on Acccrington flea market

I do have a spare blank blade...

ATB

Tom

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
My sharpest knife? - whichever I just sharpened!:D

Thats notmally the case for me too!

And today it's my Enzo Trapper O1, finally got a mirror edge on it and boy does it make a differance. I sharpened it on Tuesday and on Wednesday a friend decided to see how sharp it was by shaving is arm, well he took about 5 layers of skin off his forearm. So yes its just about sharp enough for my needs.

I've just got a Roselli Charpenter which I'll be doing the same to, thats going to be a little beast, looks like once its properly sharp it'll be a cracking little wittler, I was suprised how light is too.

Not the best photo but shows how my enzo catches the light, that was before I gave it another seeing to and its even better now (all I used was an 800, 1200 and 6000 Japanese wetstones and a strop with compound on. Oh and alot of time too):

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Now my Enzo and Roselli charpenter are now razor sharp, the polished edge on the Roselli looks really good in the hand.

800 grit Japnaes waterstones really shift metal of an edge!

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I have owned a svord peasant knife for maybe 6 or 9 months now and I like it now (absolutely hated the thing at first...:lmao:) I have made it to have convex shaped bevels. I am wondering just how sharp this blade will get. Its easily as good as a mora/fresh swann morton scalpel blade, and I am basically just stropping it with a slap of 2x2 with solvol polish on it. Its great for soon carving, the tip works well for that. It handles dry oak and ash leaving a burnished finish. I wrap the knife shut with an 18 inch length of cord (so as it wont open in my pocket.....thats its one failing:eek:) I also use the cord to wrap round while I am stropping too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE