Sharpest Knife You Own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
hi guys,
So whats your sharpest knife?

heres my Kellam wolverine after Shaving layers off A4 paper.
0kellamsharp003.jpg

and some A4 feathers.
0kellamsharp008.jpg

0kellamsharp005.jpg

I would love to see some pics of what your knives can do?
ATB
Josh

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
I think there is more to a knife than sharpness. If there was not i'd make all my knives in 1mm steel and then put a zero grind on all the way up to the spine.

That would be incredibly sharp, but would most likely bend if you blew on it:eek:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I consider it scary sharp if it will make a nice clean cut on a cigaratte paper held vertically. This one was taken out to 2000 grit and stropped with white gold on a mousepad-backed hone. The microbevel at the edge is convex. It will slice nice thick chips off a seasoned 1" oak dowel rod with no damage to the edge.

pekka_cigarette_paper1b.jpg

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
I consider it scary sharp if it will make a nice clean cut on a cigaratte paper held vertically. This one was taken out to 2000 grit and stropped with white gold on a mousepad-backed hone. The microbevel at the edge is convex. It will slice nice thick chips off a seasoned 1" oak dowel rod with no damage to the edge.

im getting my rizlas,
i also prefer a convex microbevel to zero ground.
ATB
Josh

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Well my sharpest knife is also a Kellam wolverine, it came very sharp, I actually sliced right into my thumb and part way into my nail with a slight fumble while I was looking at it the day after I got it. Couldn't stop the bleeding for quite a while actually... It's still my sharpest knife because I haven't sharpened it or used it since I got it. Waste of a knife, I know but it'll get used eventually.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I think there is more to a knife than sharpness. If there was not i'd make all my knives in 1mm steel and then put a zero grind on all the way up to the spine.

That would be incredibly sharp, but would most likely bend if you blew on it:eek:

I think it would be the old straight razor I fixed up, just for fun. Scarilly sharp, totally useless for most porpoises.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apart from shaving???

Try it you might like it

Shaving? Never again! I shave up to just over the adams apple in order not too look *too* shaggy, but that is all the shaving I'll do. Apart from shaving my left forearm whenever I sharpen knives, but that is a different issue.

Basically I agree, they are good for getting a very smooth shave, slitting throats, and perhaps a few more tasks, but totally useless for woodcarving, field dressing moose or splitting kinding. And for fighting off the hordes of zombies (in the rather unlikely event that the need would arise) the viking sword or spear is better choises.

Basically I cleaned the rust off and worked the edge up just to see how sharp a low angle edge in brittle hard steel would be.

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
Mine is my Sentou Haku.

Has produced many fine pools of blood when i'm feeling particularly clumsy.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
My mora cut an inch into my brother's thumb and necessitated a trip to A&E, so it's got evidence to back up it's claim. It's done me already, so maybe it's working it's way around my family?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
My mora cut an inch into my brother's thumb and necessitated a trip to A&E, so it's got evidence to back up it's claim. It's done me already, so maybe it's working it's way around my family?

I have a British army Golok that's bloodthirsty. It's cut me and four other people since I've owned it.

It's funny how some blades seem to demand blood sacrifices isn't it?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I sold a knife to a friend once and it bit him so often that he swore it was out to get him...
Nowt wrong with the knife - or my mates knife skills - and I bought it back then I sold it to someone else who had no probs with it.....
Are knives emotional and capable of love and hate?

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals

Stop posting pics of that knife! :D

My sharpest knives:

BRKT TUSK
Nylund Inferno and carver
Spyderco Kopa
Jukka Hankala Lastu

I'm getting a new Hankala next month. He's coming to a knifeshow in Belgium!!!

Regards,

Michiel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE