Shaggy Ink Cap (Pic)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This guy has popped up in my back garden last week, I mowed the grass around him and let him grow into a big boy (resisting the urge to eat him) to see how it developed.

Next to a standard pint glass for scale.
You can see the spores around the rim of the cap dripping off as a black slime - hence the name "Ink" cap.
CoprinusComatus.jpg

Shaggy Ink cap (Coprinus Comatus)

Edible when young and gills are still white, does not produce a reaction with alcohol.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
You lucky thing! Can't believe you didn't eat it - so nice fried up in butter, then stick an egg in a ramekin (little oven proof thing), but of butter, top with mushies, bit of garlic, cook until the egg is how you like them...YUMMY!

You lucky thing! Can't believe you didn't eat it - so nice fried up in butter, then stick an egg in a ramekin (little oven proof thing), but of butter, top with mushies, bit of garlic, cook until the egg is how you like them...YUMMY!

I thought about eating the young one behind but the dog decided that he would wee on them lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE