Seventh Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hjaltlander

Life Member
Feb 4, 2004
Shetland Isles
Hi John,

My hammocks just arrived, WOW! they are really good, I'm very impressed, thanks.

I was wondering though, what would be the best material to suspend them? I had been thinking about some form of canvas tape or simmilar, any ideas? Oh and where to get it to?

Hjaltlander

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Hjaltlander said:
Hi John,

My hammocks just arrived, WOW! they are really good, I'm very impressed, thanks.

I was wondering though, what would be the best material to suspend them? I had been thinking about some form of canvas tape or simmilar, any ideas? Oh and where to get it to?

Hjaltlander

The best thing to use is climbing tape. you can use webbing but I do not like as much. Rope will damage the trees so tape is my preferred choice.

My favourite tape is this one

http://www.kayaksandpaddles.co.uk/canoe/kayak/uk/shop/rock-climbing-hardware/edelrid-products/edelrid-tape.htm

Not cheap but good.

boots12

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2006
West Yorkshire
Thank You John
Got out of bed this morring to a nice early Christmas present :D
I cant call its snail mail as it arrived much sooner than i expected.
MANY THANKS
Stephen

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
MagiKelly said:
The best thing to use is climbing tape. you can use webbing but I do not like as much. Rope will damage the trees so tape is my preferred choice.

My favourite tape is this one

http://www.kayaksandpaddles.co.uk/canoe/kayak/uk/shop/rock-climbing-hardware/edelrid-products/edelrid-tape.htm

Not cheap but good.

I got lucky and won an eBay action for ~30m really high quality climbing tape for just ~15GBP including postage from the US. :cool:
Cheap webbing (anyone want some?) stretches quite a bit if you are "solidly built" but climbing tape doesn't stretch at all.

D

Deleted member 4605

Mine arrived this morning. Very impressed, both with the quality and the fantastic service MagiKelly.

:You_Rock_

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yup arrived yesterday and the missus got to it before the dog did :D. It looks like a great bit of kit and packs down to nothing.

The only gutting part is i cant get out this weekend to try it and have racked my brains trying to think of a way of testing it in the house :rolleyes:

Cheers again yer a star ;)

Lostdog

Sep 23, 2004
Stirling
MagiKelly,

My two hammocks arrived yesterday safe and sound. Thanks again for your outstanding efforts. :You_Rock_

Cheers.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Unbelievable. Delivered to my door before I got back home from my little adventure. Not only an excellent set of kit, but rapid delivery too. Much respect to you, MK !!

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Got mine today it feel like a really nice bit of kit so thanks again. :You_Rock_

I got it out in the living room , clipped it over the stairs and 'er indoors said that it definatley wont take my weight. Which was nice. :(

I had a kip in it this evening at my Scout HQ, it was fantastic until it rained and I realised that my hootichie is slightly shorter so I am going to have to investigate pitching it diagonally or using end covers again. However MUCH easier than my old mini hammocks and much more comfortable.

To suspend it I used a combination of old climbing slings and carabiners, OK for now but I need to get some tape by the summer.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
Excellent, got mine this morning! It looks really well made and is surprisingly small when packed up, i like the stitched bag, one less thing to have to put somewhere when your out in the woods and it acts like a pocket.
Cant wait to use it!!

Cheers again Magikelly!!! :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE