Selling Woodlore knife?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Selling your place just seems potentially messy to me. What happens if the winning bidder then has a problem with the knife (scales lifting, etc) - do they raise that with you or woodlore?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Selling your place just seems potentially messy to me. What happens if the winning bidder then has a problem with the knife (scales lifting, etc) - do they raise that with you or woodlore?

Like I said it was just a thought. All he'd be doing is effectively selling the knife before he got it. Does the gaurantee only apply to the purchaser of the knife and thereafter is void to the person it's sold to in mint condition? I obviously don't know Woodlore's system of such things. Just offering my tuppence worth of free advice. :dunno:

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
If you have reached your place in the queue and don't have the reddies or have changed your mind, the knife just goes to the next person on the waiting list.

Biker

If you have reached your place in the queue and don't have the reddies or have changed your mind, the knife just goes to the next person on the waiting list.

THAT IS SOOO UNFAIR!!!
article-1264717-002DF46500000258-306_468x385.jpg

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I think it is around £450 or something like that. The foundry making the blades is a bit good I think.

Great looking blade and bound to be pricey as Frontier Bushcraft (Paul Kirtley's outfit ex-Woodlore) will be taking their cut on the price, nice option of RWL 34 steel if you don't fancy good old O1.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Not wishing to go off topic too much, but it is related to what the OP may want to do.

What does anyone think of the Paul Kirtley PK1?

http://frontierbushcraft.com/2011/09/13/raven-pk1-knife-to-carry-the-frontier-bushcraft-roundel/

To my novice eyes it looks an equally wonderful piece of work and likely destined for similar status.

I've been lucky enough to handle one and I can say it's a lovely bit of work, the workmanship is faultless on the one I handled.

The only negative I found is weight takes a bit of getting used to but if you're using it regularly you soon wouldn't notice.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
As Steve said it is a lovely knife indeed. I like them heavy and it has a real nice balance to it. To be honest it was Paul's prototype so I don't know what the finished product sold to public is like. I can't afford one but if I could I'd grab one.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
.... I don't know what the finished product sold to public is like...

You just reminded me I handled Paul's knife as well as a production model that belongs to Chris (Elines).

Both were the same to handle but the finish on Chris's was much better than Paul's I felt which is what you'd expect for the production version

...I can't afford one but if I could I'd grab one.

So would I :D

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Not wishing to go off topic too much, but it is related to what the OP may want to do.

What does anyone think of the Paul Kirtley PK1?

http://frontierbushcraft.com/2011/09/13/raven-pk1-knife-to-carry-the-frontier-bushcraft-roundel/

To my novice eyes it looks an equally wonderful piece of work and likely destined for similar status.
These knives look stunning. Still a heck of a lot of money for a knife. Certainly, they appear aesthetically, to have more work involved in them? Beautiful. Anyone own one?

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Just had a look at the PK1 page and noticed that you can pay in monthly installments,what a great idea
Andrew

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Knife arrived at the weekend. Definitely selling. Now, where's the best place to get the best price, I wonder? E-bay. com? Does that mean overseas sales only? Any advice? I get the feeling that here/BB are t ready for overpriced exploitation?!?!??:)

Perrari

Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I can log on to ebay.com using my ebay uk details, but never bought anything on there. and dont know if I tried if I would be able to list anything to sell on there.
You may be able to list it on ebay uk, but have to change your preferences to only allow users outside the uk to bid.
But in saying that I bid on some knife scales before from the states, but was not allowed to because the seller had listed them in Memorabilia -Knives & swords. So I think UK registered bidders would automatically be prevented from bidding by ebay just to comply with their rules if the knife is listed in this category. Or any other knife category.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Knife arrived at the weekend. Definitely selling. Now, where's the best place to get the best price, I wonder?

Woodlore knives are not selling for the silly money that they used to, if you really want to sell it is a question of "Right time right place" scenario, there is a Julius Petersson Woodlore that is for sale on here for £450 last time i looked and struggling to sell at that price, would have been unheard of for that money not too long ago, there was a well used one (Woodlore) sold on ebay.com a couple of months ago by a bloke on BB that fetched around the £500 mark, i don't personally think they are any less desirable for potential purchasers to buy,it's just that these days there is not as much disposable income kicking about for luxury shinies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE