seems like a good shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Woods wanderer, to be honest, they are a bit limited. The basha is really a stiff plastic sheet that you would have to make atachment points if you wanted to use it as a shelter. as mentioned in the sales blurb, used in a defensive position, basically after you have dug your trench and sleeping bay, you put the pegs either side of the trench (over your sleeping bay) and lace the cord through in a criss cross fashion, lay the baha on top and then pile all your spoil over it to provide some overhead protection from air burst etc. Sometimes see them at car boots very cheap, then might be worth it for the cord, but you'd be better off for the money buying a woven plastic tarp with eyelets at at discount store and some nylon cord.

I agree with previous posts,

they are great if you really are building a trench shelter and need overhead earth cover to hide it-I've used two together in the past when practicing civil defence. But remember it's really damp and wet in a trench.

For a fiver they make a good groundsheet and the roll of white para type cord and pegs is a bonus as it would cost you more than a fiver for the good quality cord supplied in b and q!

For a cheap shelter you really cannot beat a £20 uk army cammo tent sheet.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Woods Wanderer said:
what do you think of this just wanderin if anyone has experiance of using these
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/800/shopscr3065.html

Good for a ground sheet, good pegs and cordage...They were designed for a shelter at one end of a fire (shooting) trench, they were withdrawn a few years back as they killed a few guys who constructed the incorrectly....Originally a "use once" item...

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE