Seasoned and chopped firewood at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just to let people know, it's possible to get 1 ton bags of seasoned and chopped firewood for people going to the Summer BushMoot. The cost is £100 per ton.

We usually have a few people/groups that do this for ease so I thought I'd give everyone the option.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I don't intend to have a permanent fire (well, that's the official line), but something smoldering to keep the bugs at bay, the occasional BBQ and an evening flare up - would be welcome - maybe a (ahem) share(!) would be an easy option this year - certainly if our options for foraged logs is limited by the recent harvesting.

How much notice does the supplier want Tone?

And has anyone seen a long term weather forecast for early August?

Cheers

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Instead of, or in addition to the chainsawing of soggy logs near the fort?
Usually in addition. Never known the logs to be soggy unless it's been raining heavily.

I've very rarely needed those logs, plenty of firewood to be found too small for commercial enterprise on the trees.

Most people's fires don't need the logs anyway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Instead of, or in addition to the chainsawing of soggy logs near the fort?
In addition to the stuff we chop into rounds. It's only usually the odd log that's wet :D

We usually get some pre chopped wood in for a few people that don't want the hassle, seasoned and split logs are convenient and there's usually less smoke :D

I don't intend to have a permanent fire (well, that's the official line), but something smoldering to keep the bugs at bay, the occasional BBQ and an evening flare up - would be welcome - maybe a (ahem) share(!) would be an easy option this year - certainly if our options for foraged logs is limited by the recent harvesting.

How much notice does the supplier want Tone?

And has anyone seen a long term weather forecast for early August?

Cheers

I figure we usually get through fine Pete, although I am tempted to get a load of split stuff just for convenience :D We'll have all the wood we usually do down by the fort we just have to get it off the estate now instead of the old supplier. I don't think we need to give a lot of notice, I know Dave quite well so it should be simple.

Ha ha, long term forecast for Wales, you know better than that Pete :slap:

Can you have open fires on the Summer Bushmoot? Never been!

Yes, absolutely, as long as people are sensible and look after their fires, keep them small etc then there's no problem, it's what the Moot is about, that freedom to relax and have more freedom in the outdoors.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Tone - I'm thinking of your shoulder - honestly!

As to wet wood off the pile - Matt, Sarge & I were getting sprayed with each stroke of the maul a few years ago, splitting (i should say "trying to split") that Holm Oak - that was one time I was looking out for hidden camera's - it was absorbing all but the most determined hits we could muster and took an age to get any head-way.

Weather wise, we've paid heavily in the first half of this summer - I am really hoping that something decent develops for the latter half - though not so scorching hot as to spoil it - I've actually enjoyed the rain keeping the well full - if you recall, my first decent shower in weeks was when I got to the Moot last year as the well ran dry some weeks before!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE