Firewood at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tony, I'm just wondering if the firewood on site for the moot will be the same as previous years where there'll be the usual large logs processed daily and we can order dumpy bags of seasoned logs for individual camps.

If that's the case then do you know how much how much a dumpy bag would be and if we can order half bags?

If we can't order half bags then is there anyone going who'd like to share the cost of a bag with John and I? We're happy to go 50/50 with another group or even even a 3 way split with another individual.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey, I'm preparing an email for everyone with this info, so very timely Steve:beerchug:

Yes, it will be just as years past, we'll have a main load of wood, which will be mainly for the communal fire areas and a limited amount to people camping. It would be easier for people to order some wood for fires.

It's worth mentioning as well that wherever possible we would like raised fires, off the ground. The site has kindly allowed us to have fires for our event and so it's good to respect their property.

The split, dried wood is
£130 for a large dumpy bag, £70 for a half bag, £35 for quarter bag.

I'll send out an email so people can preorder before the event.

Steve, I'll make sure that you've got a half bag put aside.
Cheers
T

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
Hi guys. I'm from Bridgend just up from the moot and if you need logs the local supplier for us is Anstee Firewood. No affiliation with the company whatsoever but they have always been great. No idea if they would have seasoned logs at this time of year though.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Stevie, thanks for that.
We used to bring logs onto site but the estate put a stop to it and we can only get firewood and large logs off of them now so we're a bit stuck on that front. Thanks for thinking of us though :bigok:

Reactions: StevieE

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
No probs Tone. I know you've all been down to Candleston before. I was about an hour's walk from there before I Moved to the other side of town but if you need any more local knowledge let me know. Southern down is a fantastic place to visit. Just make sure the tide is out

Reactions: rabbitrex

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
The split, dried wood is
£130 for a large dumpy bag, £70 for a half bag, £35 for quarter bag.

I'll send out an email so people can preorder before the event.

Steve, I'll make sure that you've got a half bag put aside.
Cheers
T
Hi Tony
I don't know if I've missed an email, but could I order a quarter bag please?
Cheers
Bryony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE