Sea Trout in Norway...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This is my first post outside of my intro... I am a complete fishing junkie this will become apparent! :D

Earlier this year I went to Norway for the first time to target coastal sea trout... I did bag one and also a flounder - all on the fly, hard work but enjoyable!

photo+(2).JPG

I do have a blog that I run... I have selected 2 links that give a bit about the flies I tied and a bit about the trip including fishing gear and clothing... I will be going back next year!

http://deesox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/bug-bond-sea-trout-box-getting-there.html

http://deesox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/sea-trout-3-finding-fish.html

photo.JPG

Cheers

David

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Nice one Dave, have to say that I'm of a similar disposition, totally obsessed. Trout trout and sea trout, plus more trout and the inevitable salmon/grilse.

Lovely fish that.

Just thought I'd add a pic of my most local sea trout, all three caught from the sea, although as can be seen from the colour they weren't far off running the nearby small stream, which they do and in some number late in the season.

I don't keep all the fish I catch, rather I select a few for eating returning most. I had 9 that size in the same two hour session so I reckon taking 3 wasn't that greedy;

Sea trout for the pot.jpg

Last edited:

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
nice catch.
greeting from a norwegian who loves fishing among others trout, cod and that fish that has several names in english.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I can't comment on the catching of these fish, but I have to say that I love eating all of the salmonid family, utterly delicious!
Hailing from the south of England where chalk streams are a plenty, I have indulged somewhat in both brown and rainbow trout over the years - cannot get enough! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE