sea fishing rod.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Hi, just looking for reccomendations of a sea fishing rod for long treks, looking for one thats 10 to 12 feet long, and fold down really quite small and is lightweight.
Long lasting and strong. Prefer foldable eyes to save me leaning on them and them breaking.
The mandatorys being light, heavy duty and compacts small.
I can cater a reel myself.

And comes with a shoulder carry if possible.

Thanks
Adam

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
folding eyes, you my find fixed eyes my be stronger, try veals.co bennets.co murlarkys.co sportfish.co i mainly use heavey casting spinning rods , or flaty,bass rods. all depends on what your after, fish wise, and were your fishing from.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You said sea fishing but that's still pretty broad. What size fish? Under 5 pound sea trout? 10-2- pound mackerel? 100+ pound grouper from a boat or extended fishing pier? For any of the heavier or harder fighting fish I don't think any rod that breaks down to more that a 2 piece is going to be strong enough. For that you just cain't beat Shakespeare's Ugly Sticks (fresh or salt water)

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
I can make rigs for a few species, I guess a carp rod would be most versitile on the beach.
Whatever rod will help feed me the most.
Im still thinking carp that shrinks down, and maybe a spinner that shrinks down, but a carp rod makes an alright spinner, beach caster etc.
A travel rod would suggest versitility?

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Read over a few of your threads and I guess you'll be beachcasting? I've used of these a bit on the south and east coast.
Would recommend it but It's a bit long when folded it's folded down as short sections wouldn't be strong enough.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/tidewater-tele-beach-carbon-p167256
http://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/Shakespeare-Tidewater-XT-Front-Drag-Beachcasting-Reel

cheap doesn't always mean bad :)

Yeah I know, but I do need something long lasting. But then saying that, I only ever damage rods by tredding on them.
I dont think I can trust my life in somnething that costs so little, .

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
There is a depressing lack of decent travel rod's in this country, Most of what is available is telescopic and not really up to the job (ever tried to unstick a section of rod in the rain?, I have and it's a huge pain.

I was looking for a nice short spinning rod to fit in my pack and found one but it took a little while to locate a decent one but I did see a nice 12ft light beach caster on ebay for about £50 buy it now from Abu I think possibly Penn but I am not sure, i'll keep looking and see what I can find.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
There is a depressing lack of decent travel rod's in this country, Most of what is available is telescopic and not really up to the job (ever tried to unstick a section of rod in the rain?, I have and it's a huge pain.

I was looking for a nice short spinning rod to fit in my pack and found one but it took a little while to locate a decent one but I did see a nice 12ft light beach caster on ebay for about £50 buy it now from Abu I think possibly Penn but I am not sure, i'll keep looking and see what I can find.

Trying my best to avoid a telescopic. I doubt theres a way I can make a rod from a branch and cast a 6oz, thatll save me some carrying a rod.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Hi, just looking for reccomendations of a sea fishing rod for long treks, looking for one thats 10 to 12 feet long, and fold down really quite small and is lightweight.
Long lasting and strong. Prefer foldable eyes to save me leaning on them and them breaking.
The mandatorys being light, heavy duty and compacts small.
I can cater a reel myself.

And comes with a shoulder carry if possible.

Thanks
Adam

You're after a miracle, Adam :) how small are you prepared to go? I use a Shakespeare Odyssey travel spin, 2'40m, ideal fit in a suitcase, had it a long time but I want something just a little stronger after the tip broke on me in Greece, I repaired it but I want this next, looks a goodun.....

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/travel...xbxs30h5-stc-9ft-10-travel-spin-2454-396-.php

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
You're after a miracle, Adam :) how small are you prepared to go? I use a Shakespeare Odyssey travel spin, 2'40m, ideal fit in a suitcase, had it a long time but I want something just a little stronger after the tip broke on me in Greece, I repaired it but I want this next, looks a goodun.....

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/travel...xbxs30h5-stc-9ft-10-travel-spin-2454-396-.php

That wont flik out 6 oz with bound calamari though I dont think? or would it. I was looking forward to a cod

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE