Scrap It's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How do you view this type of knife

• Like em would have one/ do have similer

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • Dont like em no thanks should have left in the scrap bin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Not sure (post why etc)

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I like the look of them. I'd think of one like that very much as a backup as others have said. That being the case I'd want something which could be left to itself possibly for years, with no maintenance required. So for me I'm not sure that O1 steel fits that bill. So in case it's not clear I voted "not sure". :)

But if you had some off-cuts of 440C, D2, or even RWL34 that might be different... :)

I like the look of them. I'd think of one like that very much as a backup as others have said. That being the case I'd want something which could be left to itself possibly for years, with no maintenance required. So for me I'm not sure that O1 steel fits that bill. So in case it's not clear I voted "not sure". :)

But if you had some off-cuts of 440C, D2, or even RWL34 that might be different... :)

I agree but a coating of something should do it for a along time

i am making a specific Long term storage blade (survival tin etc) and its in O1 ive also got some where i can get them Epoxy coated in many colours
that said these are very usfull blades and quite capable of keeping your Bushy in its sheath all day ;)

on these oens they aill be avalible at the Wilderness gathering ;)

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE