scouts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi aza - welcome to the forum

No scouting experience for me as I spent most of my youth playing football and chasing girls about.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Joined Cubs at the tender age of 8 and went right through to Venture Scout.

After a stint in the TA became an Adult Instructor, then Officer with the ACF.

Now, just got back into Scouts as an Assistant Leader with the Scout Section.

Simon

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi aza - welcome to the forum

No scouting experience for me as I spent most of my youth playing football and chasing girls about.

Spent most of my Scout camps as a lad, chasing Guides about, or poaching rabbits!

We used to time our Patrol Camps for when one of the local Guide units was camping too!

Simon

scallywag

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2008
Europe
I was a scout once. First uniform, first knife, first sleeping bag, first extremely uncomfortable pack. Aw, such good memories.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Venture Scouts. Am terminally annoyed that I didn't keep in touch with the chaps I knew as the whole troop is now gone. Actually married the sister of a chap I was in the Scouts with (but thats another story)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Started of in Beavers - Cubs - Scouts - Ventures
Got my Cheif Scout and Queen Scouts award (Highest award in Scouting)
Also got my bronze, silver and gold DofE (So had the 'pleasure' of meeting both members of the royal couple)
I also attended Army Cadets for a while - Did the 35, 45 and 55 mile Ten Tors challenge with them.
While i was at University i stayed involved in Scouting as a Scout Sailing instructor and advisor and i am now Dorset/Somerset Scout Sailing Instructor and now an Explorer Leader.
Training two teams for Ten Tors every other weekend at the moment.

porchini

Forager
Sep 18, 2008
stockport
I was a cub then a scout. I left the scouts as at the time it just wasn't outdoors enough, it did introduce me to the whole wild camping making shelter etc. Joined army cadets as soon as I was old enough, this provided me opportunity to learn stuff and generally succeed , as I didn't perform well at school . Quite quickly progressed through cadets to cadet company sergeant major, I had some amazing experiences one of which was winning a place on Canada cadet wilderness instructors course in New Brunswick, this changed my life, this cemented my love of the outdoors and woodland skills and living. Considering at present volunteering for scouts still unsure, don't just want to play football etc.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I was a cub for a few years, then got involved in Football , then noticed Girls, then got in lots of bother been told of by girls parents!! then settled down. Now asst scout leader and loving it. Doing a lot of training to enable me to get the lads on more adventurous activities etc.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
was a beaver, then a cub, then a scout.
I'm now an explorer (re-named venture scouts) and young leader with the scout troop.
I am also (hopefuly) going on an expedition to peru with the scouts in 2010.

I can't comment on chasing girls within scouts, the only ones iv'e come across who wern't either totaly mental (in a bad way) or too young, are definately not interested. :(

Got thrown out of cubs for decking my Sixer.......:eek:

I'm much less troublesome now...;)

can't say I've decked my patrol leader, but a few scouts have tried to deck me. It didn't end well for them.... although on occasion, I can see why you might want to punch a few of the scouts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE