Scotland is beautiful.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
I managed to get a few hours completely to myself last friday so went for a wee walkie on Cullen beach.
Here's a few pics of the walk and things I saw.
This walk was also about getting at least a little back in shape thinking about the impending walkabout at Comrie very soon.

PIC_0584.jpg

PIC_0583.jpg

PIC_0582.jpg

PIC_0581.jpg

PIC_0580.jpg

PIC_0579.jpg

PIC_0578.jpg

PIC_0577.jpg

PIC_0595.jpg

PIC_0594.jpg

PIC_0593.jpg

PIC_0592.jpg

PIC_0591.jpg

PIC_0590.jpg

PIC_0589.jpg

PIC_0588.jpg

PIC_0587.jpg

PIC_0586.jpg

PIC_0585.jpg

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Fairly sure that the red things are sea anenomes, Once they are covered by the tide they wave around with the motion of the waves, a bit like someiones hair
underwater then when above the water they clamp down just like hair would do giving a ball like appearance. No doubt others will confirm this or give another
explanation

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Some nice pics there Rich. Scotland is, indeed, a beautiful place!
Ol smokey is correct with his description of the anenomes activities and Andy knows it's name.
They come in four similar colours based around red.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Thanks for the replies friends , I had never seen anything like those Anenomes before. I was on the hunt for suitable stones/rocks for an water/oil stone.
Successful I was :D
That archway in the first pic was as far as I got from Cullen (a couple of miles) , I could've gone the coastal walk way but ran out of time anyway.
But boy was I Kn............ lets just say I was a wee bit tired because this is a family forum :D

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Cracking pics Richie , was there ever any doubt that Scotland is a beautiful place !

Craig.............

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Yup i think i will be up with the kids on Friday night ,
If i can get the fixed in time i used it to tow a boat 35 miles last night and now one of the wheel bearing is making a hell of a noise .

Craig............

serpia

May 22, 2011
birmingham
hi

i know its completely random to post it here
but im a pakistani brit and id like to camp in the loch lommond
or is it an all white guy thing

theres no need to be racist just tell me what you guys think out there
Death wish or wat

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hi there serpia, you obviously had never been to my home town Glasgow. I don't live there now but we have an expression of affection and I'll just quote it' a Glasgow Paki' no way is it meant to sound or be racsist. I can take you to, in fact it would be my pleasure to take you to a family restaurant (Indian? Paki?) I, my family and friends have been using for nearly forty years. The expression a ' glasgow Paki' covers ALL of our brown cousins. There are of course many septs and religions and the practicallity of the Glaswegian mentality covers all of our darker cousins as Glasgow Paki's. In short there are many generations of people who belong/belonged/were part of the British Empire and they have come home lol.
For our African cousins I'm afraid we have but few. Too cold and too much rain I think. We have many races and colours and creeds and if you find racism a problem in Scotland, I for one will stand beside you, but I don't think you will find any problems.

As for camping Loch Lomond I can think of many other places. Places to take your breath away without the neds or hooligans (it is close to the city).

If you need a travelling companion give me a shout.

I have an English (Geordie) friend here in Bulgaria and he does not describe his Scottish missus as white, more a Scottish Blue, like porcelain lol. Then we go red,white, red, white..... depends on how much you peel haha.

I would like to think you will be welcome and I hope you enjoy your visit to what I consider as a little part of heaven.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
That arch is fantastic!

And, Serpia - I don't think you have to worry about any Deliverance moments on the banks of Loch Lomond :p

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Serpia, i would not consider anything a 'white guy thing' so no need to even think like that, there should be no racial problems for you anywhere you wish to camp.
I did read about a ban at part of loch lomond recently on the forum so you should maybe find out some info about camping bans and where the best place to go is.
It seems to be busy with neds and troublemakers during the warmer months which is a shame so maybe some of the members on here who know it well enough can advise you where to go.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
hi

i know its completely random to post it here
but im a pakistani brit and id like to camp in the loch lommond
or is it an all white guy thing

theres no need to be racist just tell me what you guys think out there
Death wish or wat

Perhaps your own new thread would get this message more coverage on the forum ;)

K

KneeOh

yeh your not allowed to camp on the west side of the loch now. too many people setting up camp, and abandoning all their usually cheap kit, and leaving loads of mess. shame.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Hi Richie, Is the above pictures near Bowfiddle rock ?.

Nice pics.

ATB
Calurix

It's a couple of miles along from Cullen bay mate. I don't know weather it's North ,East, South or West , but if you park up at the cullen car park which is right next door to a golf course walk to the beach look left that's the direction. There are some rocks standing almost vertical called 'the three kings'.....very interesting if you like that sort of thing.
There are also some cut ins into the rocks that could be utilised as over night camping or a shelter from the weather for a while.
Funny thing is while walking to this point the sun was beating down , topping up tan weather , and was pouring down with rain at the same time. :rolleyes:

If you want to do the walk give'us a heads up and I'll show you if you want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE