Scolty Hill- a wee stroll (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Just thought I'd share some pics from my wander this morning.

Beautiful day here in the North East of Scotland as as I didn't get to the Cairngorms this weekend (awaiting new tyres for car and two poorly wee girls at home), my wife kicked my butt out of the door after breakfast...

I've gotten really unfit over the last couple of years, so although not a long walk, it's still good exercise, and it was a chance to play with the new Tripod I got for Xmas, as well as have a brew using my new Chinese stove.

Unfortunately, no brew as I didn't take a lighter, and was daft enough to believe my ferro rod would light poorly evaporating Aspen in the cold!

Anyways, it's all learning and here's some of the pics...

Monument at the top (iPhone)
56aa54f4-be60-3c39.jpg

View towards Banchory (iPhone) - path steeper than it looks and got to use the YakTrak Pro's for the first time... ace!
56aa54f4-bed2-5232.jpg

Monument
56aa54f4-bf03-50a8.jpg

Clachnaben
56aa54f4-bf32-696c.jpg

Mount Keen
56aa54f4-bf5c-d93f.jpg

Lochnagar & the Eastern Cairngorms (in the general direction anyways)
56aa54f4-bfb0-0ec5.jpg

Hill 'o Fare
56aa54f4-bfce-cc41.jpg

River Dee
56aa54f4-bfeb-bc14.jpg

Hope you enjoy folks

ATB,

KP

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Ok, not sure what happened to the pics... They are not such poor quality on my iPad... I have uploaded them via Tapatalk.. Hmmmmmm.....

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi kp,nice pics,i,ve always fancied a wander round the Banchory area when i,m up working there,but i always seem to end up in the Dougie Arms or the Stag :rolleyes:.

In fact we were there 2 weeks ago,baltic so it was.

Anyway nice pics as i say,i maybe need to try and get a wander the next time we,re there.

Cheers Stuart.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
As an Aberdonian born and bred but now doing missionary work down in one of the colonies (England), you have just made me homesick. Looks great

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE