scandinavian sauce for meatballs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
WOW!!! He's a little intense :lmao:. Why not hit your local supermarket and try some of the ready made curry or chilli sauces, or the lloyd grossman/jamie oliver/nigella/insert other celeb chef here, range of off the shelf sauces.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I don't remember eating meatballs with sauce in Sweden I remember having them dry a lot with mashed spuds and also with lingonsilt which is sort of lingon berry jam/sauce, good stuff IKEA do it.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Try a brown pepper sauce.

4 dl Meat stock or broth
2 table spoons of wheat flour
1 table spoon of whole green pepper
1 dl of cream
1/4 tea spoon of salt and 2 table spoons of soy sauce (soy souce is optional)

1. Shake the flour out in some cold broth or stir it out in a little water to make a roux

2. Bring the rest of the broth to a boil, and add the roux from step 1 while stirring.

3. Add pepper and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes

4. add cream and salt/soy sauce.

Or simply buy a powder pack from Knorr and mix it whatecver it says on the pack...

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
I usually squish one or two failed meatballs in the frying pan and fry them in extra butter till brown, with a pinch of sugar added for colouring. Then take aside and wisk down some flour and then add milk. Add half a stock cube. Bring to a boil while stirring. Salt and pepper to taste. Extra dark soy for colouring if needed.

Also try some variants of the meatballs with some other ingredients. Other than horsemeat, that is. Don't know why you all like horsemeat so much?

Chop finely and add to the minced breadcrumbs:
Garlic + parsley.
Pickled beetroot + capers.
Fried bacon.
Curry or garam masala, of course.

And/or hide some strong cheese inside the meatballs before frying.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE