Saw This on e-bay, Genuine?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
as to the grind, the micarta handled woodlores were not as well finished as the wood handled ones. mine needed a fair bit of work before i was happy with it.
it'll probably go for £400ish i recon.

Isshogai

Nov 7, 2004
Wakefield West Yorkshire
What every one else said ;)

Roe-Fisher is one of the good guys, and he know's his knife stuff. The knife probably has a better, more even grind on it than the day it left the factory... :)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nic eone, i don't intend to buy it, £100 would be all i could afford, the only reason i asked was that there were a couple more Woodlore's around it (before and After) which has multiple bid's, just could'nt understand why he had none at the time. It's nice to know that guy's on this forum have long memories. ;)

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Graham_S said:
as to the grind, the micarta handled woodlores were not as well finished as the wood handled ones. mine needed a fair bit of work before i was happy with it.
it'll probably go for £400ish i recon.

I think they varied a bit, and some had a shiny finish and others satin.

I have one of the second batch Micarta woodlores and cannot fault the finish.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Mark is a member on here and i have had many transactions with him, he is 100% sound and if you want a genuine knife then his would be well worth bidding on.
He recently sold most of his fixed blade collection and if you look at his past sales you will see he is a most discerning collector.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
bought a knife from him off ebay, then found out he comes on here and on BB. not going to get many better people to buy from outside of this place. I thoroughly recommend him

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
Hi fellas ...

Thank you very much for the compliments - 'tis appreciated!

The Wilkinson Sword did indeed have a slightly substandard edge when I got it - the front side had a slightly deeper edge grind than the back.

I must have spent around 6-8 hours stop & start to get it as I liked. I remember have to stop twice because my thumbs and index fingers were bleeding and a bit sore. Finally, I had an even and fully flat grind with a good sharp edge.

The irony is, had I done absolutely nothing and kept that rather poor factory finish it would probably have went for a heck of a lot more than the £250 it did sell for.

eBay is a wonderful place for funny deals, but anyway, I hope the buyer enjoys it - that's the main thing ;)

Mark

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Good to hear from you again Mark.

Roefisher said:
I remember have to stop twice because my thumbs and index fingers were bleeding and a bit sore.
:rolleyes: :eek: Been there and it's rather sore :D

Roefisher said:
The irony is, had I done absolutely nothing and kept that rather poor factory finish it would probably have went for a heck of a lot more than the £250 it did sell for.
Mark

Tell me about it, i boiled mine :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
431_3121_1a.jpg

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Still sitting in my safe, i never used it as i love my standard Micarta.
I have a few Woodlores, WS, AW and a couple of clones but my original WS micarta is still my favourite fixed blade user.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE