Save Our Forests - Britain Act Now

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Voice added and link passed on Ashley.

Ent_army.png

Perhap's the clock tower at Westminster is really Orthanc!

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
For what it's worth; We are holding a mass rally ( meeting/gathering) in Chopwell Wood on Sunday the 13th February at 1pm

It is being organised by the Friends of Chopwell Wood, Chopwell Wood Horse Riding Association, North East Free Ride Association and is being supported by among others; The Friends of Red Kites, The Ramblers Association and numerous other smaller groups, charities and organisations, who use the wood for various activities, both educational and recreational. Not to mention the locals, ( though, strangely only 4 of the actual residents of the wood!:confused:)

The idea, is simply to keep the issue alive in the general public's mind's, not really to "demonstrate" as such. We held a similar meeting a couple of Wednesdays back and had over 150 people turn up to hear what was said.

We also had both ITV and BBC local TV crews, as well as regional press and radio coverage and made quite a splash locally.

There were people from all sorts of backgrounds, interests, professions, old, young, horse riders, bike riders, "larpers", dog walkers,rich, poor,stuck up, ordinary,retired, ramblers, orienteers, basically; a really good spread of characters and interests.

EXCEPT: "bushcrafters":(

Representing "bushcraft" there was me and a new member here; d-day66, who admittedly lives fairly locally in Consett.

and that was that:dunno:

Okay, so it was a Wednesday lunchtime and it was blowing a gale and peeing down but I'd hoped for a few more, like minded souls. I actually asked around and got a totally negative response:(

So how about some of you North Eastern "bushcrafters" make an effort and come along and stand and be counted?
Bring your dogs, bikes, horses, kids, wives husbands or whatever!

I know for a fact that people off here, covertly use Chopwell Wood quite regularly for quiet camping trips, skills practice etc.

No one is looking to catch anyone out, I'd be delighted to meet anyone off here, who feels it's worth fighting to keep the likes of Chopwell Wood out of private, spiv business men's hands, and the more of a fuss we make publicly, the better chance we have of winning the day.

I'm working on the possibility of organising some simple demo activity, on the day, like how to use a firesteel for example but I'll have to see how things pan out and how much fuss the FC intend to make regarding the event overall.

please try to come along if you possibly can, it's not just Chopwell Wood we are fighting for.:grouphug:

sincere best wishes

Steve

PS: DO fill in the consultation document if you can

Last edited:

rancid badger

Well even though I missed out due to injury, this:
http://www.itv.com/tynetees/dont-sell-our-forests83507/

Went ahead and a great success it was too!

If you are serious about stopping this sort of thing going ahead, you have to stand up and be counted.

Did anyone from here,who lives locally, turn up at this event? I don't think so but would love to be told differently of course.

R.B.

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
Signed and Facebooked.

The rules say that political issues shouldn't be discussed on the forum, but this is a political issue.

As I said on another thread where some have been confused into believing they'd pick up a cheap woodland... If you contribute to this, you're the problem!

Slash, Burn, Grab!
No new Tory ideas there, are there?

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Both myself and madame manacles have signed.

This is a really concerning issue. Before the mass trespasses much land was "out of bounds" to mere mrotals like us and sadly I feel that the big "sell off" may result in the same situation again.

rancid badger

Well even though I missed out due to injury, this:
http://www.itv.com/tynetees/dont-sell-our-forests83507/

Went ahead and a great success it was too!

If you are serious about stopping this sort of thing going ahead, you have to stand up and be counted.

Did anyone from here,who lives locally, turn up at this event? I don't think so but would love to be told differently of course.

R.B.

Well in spite of apparently no one, who is a member here, from my locality bothering to show up, it appears that the "behind the scenes" activity has been most successful.

The project has been abandoned. ( for now.................................................)

I wonder what's been snuck through, while our attention has been diverted elsewhere?:buttkick:
;)

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Good news indeed, but we need to be vigilant in case it comes back later in another form. Hopefully the Gvt will conclude it is a vote loser and we'll never see it again.

Yeah, but check this out, taken from the BBC news website:

"........The government is allowed to sell off 15% of England's woodlands in each four-year public spending period.

The current planned 15% sale is on hold while criteria are examined to ensure public benefits are protected, ministers say, but it is due to go ahead over the next four years - raising an estimated £100m."

Looks like another fight on the horizon......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE