Save Our Forests - Britain Act Now

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
This topic is deeply rooted to all that is Bushcraft, without our trees we could not do what we love.​

Tree's are the substance of it all; they give us life. They are the lungs of the earth and let us breathe.

Tree's create soil and support an endless amount of flora/fauna, they are the core of the ecosystem and something none of us can live without.

Let's stop the idiots of the boardrooms from turning Britain into another Easter Island.

Act now; sign the petition and tell others about this issue.
save-our-forests.jpg
"The government is planning a massive sell off of our national forests.

They could be auctioned and fenced off, run down, logged or turned into golf courses and holiday villages.
We can't let that happen. We need to stop these plans. National treasures like the The Forest of Dean, Sherwood Forest and The New Forest could be sold off. Once they are gone, they will be lost forever.
A huge petition will force the government to rethink its plans. Already 150,000 of us have signed the petition. Please sign the petition."

Further Reading: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2010/dec/22/tory-privatisation-all-state-forests

Please post here to let me know if you have signed the petition and voice your thoughts on the matter.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Done and shared to my facebook page (that I never use,swmbo does my farm on it I think:confused:). But there are family and friends connected to it.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Very emotive words ,Its about saving ancient woodland that is the biological diverse woodland not the conifer plantation which blocks out daylight so nothing will grow on the forest floor and blanketing the floor with pine needles that add very few nutrients to the soil, do we need so much of this type of pine forest? this the link to the woodland trust site http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/news-media/Pages/public-forest-sales.aspx I am all for protecting ancient woodland, The Forestry Commission destroyed large areas of ancient woodland in the past to plant pine. Now do we have to much of that type of pine woodland? I think we do, its weather the sale of woodland will prevent the replanting of ancient woodland sites .The true structure of which has been lost with the planting with pine, its not just the trees its the flora that is found in the ancient woodland that has been lost. I feel in saving our woodland make sure its the right one .Sorry to be a bit of a devils advocate .

Last edited:

mattburgess

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Wivenhoe
I signed the petition with 38 degrees the other day and spread the word to my family and friends. That's a great start but it doesn't seem enough to me.
Does anyone have ideas on what else we could do? I was thinking that the Countryside Alliance would be a good start but can't think of any other group that would rally support. I would definitely be up for a march on Westminster concerning this.
Once they start acquiring these woodlands they will be gone forever.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
There's another way to look at this, if they are flogging off the forestry land then maybe the woodland will be come cheaper... Hmmm.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
done and shared on facebook.everyone should on the forum should sign this the thought of no woodlands to visit is not worth thinking about not too mention the impact to wildlife

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
So, is anyone planning on maybe buying some of this huge mass of woodland that's getting dumped on the market?

Just a few acres would do me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE