Sausage in lard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
I still miss what was in the 10 man rat pack, chicken in brown sauce, stewed steak that melted in your mouth, processed peas, apricot jam and the afore mentioned cheese and sausages together in a sandwich. MMmmmmmm.

Andy

ps I can feel my arteries hardening just thinking of it.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I still miss what was in the 10 man rat pack, chicken in brown sauce, stewed steak that melted in your mouth, processed peas, apricot jam and the afore mentioned cheese and sausages together in a sandwich. MMmmmmmm.

Andy

ps I can feel my arteries hardening just thinking of it.

:D :D :D :D :D There the ones Happy days

and yes arteries hardening just thinking of it :rolleyes:

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Now if you want a great sandwich. First put peanut butter on your
bread next comes onion slices followed by sardines then cheese
topped off with a tomato slice. Now that is fit to eat

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Sandwiches are best kept simple.
A mashed potato sarnie is the food of gods (I'll assume we all agree that a chip butty is the best, and that everything is second to that).

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Sandwiches are best kept simple.
(I'll assume we all agree that a chip butty is the best, and that everything is second to that).

wholeheartedly agree - but only if there it has so much vinegar splodged on that it makes the bread soggy :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

cheese on toast comes a very close second tho'

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Would now be a good time to start a thread on marmite!!!

try marmite and cream cheese sarnies

Cheers
Nick

And yes the chip buttie rules BUT has to be real butter and tomato sauce

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
6 pages on Sausages in Lard fantastic.:lmao:

Now my two all time fave sarnies for cooking on the fire are fried cheese sandwich and fried egg sarnie.

I used to work every winter coppicing and we had a fire on the go all the time, a big old fry pan hanging up in a tree out of reach of the dogs. When you are tired on a cold day any food tastes better if fried over an open fire. Of course there were also treat days, one guy who worked with us had been a chef till he had a heart attack at 35, he used to bring out salmon and sea bass to cook wrapped in foil over the fire. During the season we often had fresh venison especially the livers which we didn't have a market for or road kill which you can't sell. Fresh venison liver, fried onions and mushrooms picked on the way to the woods all fried over the fire...yum yum.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Marmite and peanut butter is a favourite toast covering...
Anyone have any strong views on crisp sandwiches...

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
scotch pie on a roll with ketchup. undoubtedly a food sent straight from the gods of caledonia. dont get the pie from greigs though. they are too healthy and don't contain enough fat to soak into the roll. :D

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
scotch pie on a roll with ketchup. undoubtedly a food sent straight from the gods of caledonia. dont get the pie from greigs though. they are too healthy and don't contain enough fat to soak into the roll. :D

Never has there been truer words said lol

Also, take one bowl of tomato soup, one hot scotch pie and drop pie into soup. Food of the gods. Great after a day on the hills

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE