Sausage in lard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Nah, cheese in a tube's for girls. This was cheese in a can labeled processed so nick named possessed. It was a kind of orangy yellow colour but that was about as close as to cheese at it got.

oh i, same size as the beacon in a tin? this is taking me back - hot lox on the pan during exercises sleeping in a hps with the faint taste of fullers earth in your mouth :)

xylaria

Nah, cheese in a tube's for girls. This was cheese in a can labeled processed so nick named possessed. It was a kind of orangy yellow colour but that was about as close as to cheese at it got.

I love cheese in a tube. Take off the lid and just squeeze it in the mouth. I like tinned pilchards with tomatos sauce on toast too.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I've been Dairy intolerant ever since a cow stood on my foot.

I know a few people who are gluten free and dairy intolerant but I've never understood what it means ??

MickT

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I've been Dairy intolerant even since a cow stood on my foot.

I know a few people who are gluten free and dairy intolerant but I've never understood what it means ??

MickT

It means that dairy produce and gluten make them sick...
Personally I am Chav and Ned intolerant:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It means I don't produce the enzymes to digest milk products......there's a reason bairns cry with wind.......it hurts :( The irritated gut then reacts badly to gluten, another trigger which actually destroys the vili that line the gut, which triggers an immune response that sets off my rheumatoid arthritis.
This time last year I could barely move, and that was despite 3,200mg of ibuprofen *daily*; this year with neither gluten or dairy in my diet I've been out every day. I've walked miles, I've worked in all weathers, been to three meets and I'm cutting willow all day tomorrow: I got my life back :D :red:

cheers,
Toddy

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
That would be me.. :eek: Used to love oat biscuits a slice of cheese possessed and a dod of jam on top. Of course as a garnish there were usually several different types of oil and grease too.. :D A great wee nibble while in Soltau or on a Med-Man.
Hear Hear - Good man
Salmon fishcakes & chicken supreme

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
RB
quote...Money, meat and sky tv do not bring happiness..unquote

Must show my wife this statement, three of the four loves in her life, the other is confectionery.
icon9.gif

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
That would be me.. :eek: Used to love oat biscuits a slice of cheese possessed and a dod of jam on top. Of course as a garnish there were usually several different types of oil and grease too.. :D A great wee nibble while in Soltau or on a Med-Man.

And Me - Love the stuff:D

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Traderran
John Morrells make a Olive Loaf.(pressed ham and olives) available at all fine grocery stores.
bothyman
My youngest son has Celiac Disease which is just as Toddy described. You live a life with no products that contain any trace of Wheat,Barley or Rye.Tough but doable.Throw in lactose intolerance and life is really different.
Jon R.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Off topic I know, but
I just discovered one of my mates has an allergy to Clorophyll !

He'll go into shock if he eats anything green, it could be worse though, at least rolling in the grass doesn't affect him to badly

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
It looks like I am also in the minority here too ! I love bacon grill, sausages in lard, in fact everything that is supposedly bad for you. I agree with John on this though a little of what you fancy does you good, and provided you are not eating it regularly but occasionaly as a once in a while treat then it ain't gonna be any worse than some of the high priced, over hyped so called organic muck that's pushed forward as "The Vital Ingredient to a Healthy meal". If shredded wheat contains nothing other than 100 percent wholegrain wheat, no wonder most folks can't stand it cos it tastes like eating raw straw which is what it is with no added salt or suger, yes that's why it tastes vile . Chocolate contains all the things supposedly bad for us and it tastes wonderful. To me if it's "healthy" then it's tasteless and not nice, but when it contains sugar or fat, and salt, and cream or any of the other so called nasties then it generally tastes wonderful. Soup is soup till you add a splash of full cream, full of fat and sugar, then it turns the soup into sex in a bowl.
Of course this is only my humble opinion but it's my belief and I'm keeping it and your not having it so there!

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
It looks like I am also in the minority here too ! I love bacon grill, sausages in lard, in fact everything that is supposedly bad for you. I agree with John on this though a little of what you fancy does you good, and provided you are not eating it regularly but occasionaly as a once in a while treat then it ain't gonna be any worse than some of the high priced, over hyped so called organic muck that's pushed forward as "The Vital Ingredient to a Healthy meal". If shredded wheat contains nothing other than 100 percent wholegrain wheat, no wonder most folks can't stand it cos it tastes like eating raw straw which is what it is with no added salt or suger, yes that's why it tastes vile . Chocolate contains all the things supposedly bad for us and it tastes wonderful. To me if it's "healthy" then it's tasteless and not nice, but when it contains sugar or fat, and salt, and cream or any of the other so called nasties then it generally tastes wonderful. Soup is soup till you add a splash of full cream, full of fat and sugar, then it turns the soup into sex in a bowl.
Of course this is only my humble opinion but it's my belief and I'm keeping it and your not having it so there!

AGREED :D :D

rearrange these words in to a well know saying or phrase
the head nail hit on the ;)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I was in a childrens home as a youngster and the "housemother" was a Scottish lady. Porridge with salt and if you were really unlucky lumps of porridge which broken open with a spoon revealed :eek: uncooked dry bits from lack of stirring properly. She retired and the new "Housemother" made stirred porridge with....brown sugar!!! Talk about 'hearts and minds' she invented it...:D :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Porridge with salt and creamy milk :D The ultimate breakfast comfort food.......sweet :yuck: it's not a pudding :eek:

How on Earth can someone make porridge with dry lumps in it :dunno: sounds gross :(

Nowadays we're taught how evil salt is, and potatoes and the like have become so bland. Cooked with salt in the water the taste is all through them and they don't need anymore added, but instead folks shake it on like snow as it's not all through the food, so they use so much more.

I'd rather have salt than sweet tbh, but I keep being told how bad it is for me.

Ultimate bad for you but oh so good food.........Chip shop chips with real salt and that smell of hot vinegar :approve: I found one that made a veggieburger fritter :cool: ...........come to think of it, lots of things are good frittered, my Dad like corned beef ones....how come no one's raving about corned beef ??

cheers,
Toddy

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
:eek: EH! Now come on. . I won't have a bad word said about corned beef!
Tis the stuff of wonders and I actually have a tin of John West's in front of me now.
eat it cold on it's own or in a sarny, in a fritter or frittered between sliced potato or best of all in 20 minutes rattle with onions and sliced spud!!

No no leave our bully alone!

Kev

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE