Sass smock thoughts

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Just been out in mine got to say like Pablo commented not as quiet as I would like off the peg. Figure it will weather to being a bit quieter.....still quieter than goretext but could be better. Just needs wearing in a bit. Oh by the way Paul said ignore the washing instructions in them and hand wash cool with minimum washing powder and hang dry.
dave

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
You cant go wrong with these lads, my old customised kit carry from my recce days lasted me well over twelve years. It did look a bit 'weathered' in the end, but thats style anyway, and to be fair I did give it a hammering!! :eek: Anyone buying one will be more than happy now, and down the line...

Another recce bog trotter how are you.... our kit was pressure tested...hence the reason we could pick our kit as it had to be fit for purpose so any kit used by a recce troop has got to be good

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
i called sass up yesterday, bloody hell a quick call turned into a right good chin wag.

They do have some smocks in just now but not many, more will be made in October so i would order jsut now as it was mentioned that the price would eventually go back up. and yes oxford weave is just as good as the other tightly spun and weaved alternative.

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I had mine on yesterday in heavy rain and am very pleased with the performance. Admittedly I'd come to work without a coat and I was only nipping to the shops on the way home and it was lucky I hadn't taken the SASS smock home yet. I was only out for about 20 minutes, but I was kept nice and dry and the big poacher's pocket across the back kept my paper nice and dry too! Certainly a whole lot less clammy than I would have been in my goretex.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE