Samsung B2100 Solid extreme mbl phone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
As a professional phone drowner I got myself one of these the other day

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-b2100

Useful spec for the outdoors:

Torch is decent
battery life - will go till the next election
Does email/WAP if you have to
Waterproof -sits nicely in a beer glass
Camera
Dry battery compartment for stowing your emergency £10 note.

If it had a firesteel and was edible it would be perfect !

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I have the similar B2700 and think it's great. It also has a digital compass built in. If it had GPS it'd be brilliant. The battery life is really good too - poviding you don't overuse the torch.

Mar 18, 2009
Lancs
thought about getting one of them but like my samsung G600 to much the camera is better than my £200 canon camera lol. just got to keep dry.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I've had the B2100 since it came out. Really pleased with it. The battery lasts a good two weeks with moderate use which is handy for extended outings.

Best thing is you can stand in the rain talking on it without any concern about water ingress.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I just got the b2100 as well and I love it. The plan is to have a tough phone that'll last for years so I don't have to upgrade.

It also has an emergency message facility that works on a poor signal. You write a message, choose four recipients and then if your stuck in a crevace you can send for help at the touch of a button.

Jul 7, 2010
UK
As far as usability concerned, Samsung B2100 is the best ever phone... i recently purchased it from on the online portal in UK. and I am very much happy with it.. it is really a solid phone...

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Sony C702

torch/rainproof/dust proof etc etc etc....and has GPS...had it over 18 months (i know because my network providers keep telling me i a due an upgrade) but not found one comparable.
only down side is the finish has gone....camera shutter is loose....and the carabina that came on tha lanyard would not hold my weight ;)

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
Just an update on the durability of this Samsung phone.

Conversation with SWMBO.

Can't find my phone have you seen it ?
Where did you leave it ?
In the thigh pocket of my green trousers ?
They are in the ironing pile...

Suffice to say to get to the ironing pile the phone had dealt with a 40min wash/spin cycle at 40C no bother !

brickie

Sep 12, 2010
North Wales
i use mine on building sites , it's been dropped from the scaffolding tower , kicked around floor when it's fell out of my pocket , soaked when i have been rained on it's a great phone , well it's lasted 12months longer than any other one i've had other than a nokia 5140 which was an amazing phone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE