SAK - a little frustration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

useless

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Hampshire, UK
Thought I'd air my frustration here, as no one else is likely to listen!

I am a subscriber to "Free Cycle", an e-mail newtork where you post up items you want to get rid of, or that you want to get hold of. The idea is that instead of buying things new, or disposing to landfill stuff you no longer need, you post an e-mail to a group of subscribers and some one takes your unwantred item, or you get some one elses unwanted bit of kit.

Inspired by the idea of replacing SAK scales, I submitted a "wanted" request for old SAK's. I have had my request rejected as the system does not deal with requests for potential weapons!

I have politley asked for this to be reconsidered, but am feeling a bit peeved.

Thanks for your time! Rant over.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Sad but not unexpected. :(

You could mail the mods and point out the other potential weapons that are being swapped.I'm sure you will be able to give them a long list.

You could also point out section 139 and the fact that the basic SAK is totally legal and that their petty restrictions are at odds with the concept of Freecycle.

Good luck.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
:cool: ...Had a sim' rant at 'Ad trader' yesterday!.......tryin' t' sell me .22......wrote ad....checked 'terms an' conditions' o' postin' on the site....All good..Posted!
Had a ping back from thier 'help desk' sayin' ''We do not sell any sort of weapons on this site''....... :eek: :eek: WHAAA!!.....wrote back sayin'....'' Then please t' explain why you have THREE pages of .22 airguns for sale!!....ONLINE!!
Muppets!....I feel fer ye mate... :beerchug:

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Ignorance is everywhere sorry many people confuses tools with weapons.
Is no bad press a weapon?

useless

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Hampshire, UK
"Well it is an ARMY knife. That makes you an underworld arms trader."

Is that why they didn't take my request for unwanted nuclear devices as well? I said I wanted them as a power source, but, oh no, they came up with the same old cr*p about potential weapons.

Hippies!

I have contacted the administrator regarding this, but have yet to get a reply. I wil update when this happens.

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE