Anyone had problems trying to get a SAK repaired by Burton McCall?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 4, 2017
England
First off I would like to apologise If this is in the wrong section as it's my first post :)

My question is this really, has anyone had issues when trying to get a SAK repaired by Burton McCall within 12 months of it being new. I know that sounds odd but here is why I ask.

I've recently received a swissflame campflame as a gift and as you might guess the lighter doesn't work, now I know it's a long shot asking for this to be repaired anyway since it was discontinued in 2005? And never really worked anyways but I thought I would ask anyway.

This is the email I received.

Good morning,
Thank you for your email.
Your email has been forwarded to us from Victorinox as we deal with the warranty on the various products.
I am sorry that you have got a faulty Campflame. As you have only purchased your product within the last year you will have to return it to the original place of purchase in order to obtain a refund / replacement.
You have a contract of sale with the shop you purchased it from, the contract of sale is covered by the "sale of goods act" (for more information on this you could contact trading standards / citizens advice) we look after the warranty which does not effect your statutory rights.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I can't get another from the shop It was bought from as there was only 1 and I don't want a refund due to the rarity of this knife.
If I were to give it to the shop for repairs they would just send it off to victorinox/burton mccall anyway so I don't see why I can't do this directly. Surely the lifetime warranty is relevant regardless of when It was bought from the shop.

Even if it was sent off for repairs I doubt it would get fixed but I thought it would be worth looking into as a working campflame would be :campfire: ;)

Does this seem strange to anybody or like they are just trying to avoid it altogether?

Once again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section or I waffled on a bit :)

Thanks.

Jun 4, 2017
England
Just received an update via email.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry but we do not repair Victorinox lighters only the Swiss Army Knifes.

You will have to return it back to where it was purchased from to obtain a replacement or refund.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

I thought the first email was a bit odd and skirting round the issue. Still kind of strange though as this is a swiss army knife with a susposed lifetime warranty.

Guess I'll just have to keep my campflame then and maybe sell it to a collector somewhere :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE