saami inspired scrimshawed items.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
been busy of late as the weather is just wet wet wet i have been doing some arty stuff.
first off i made a salt flask from juniper and peer davids deer antler,then i scrimshawed it with a trad saami weave pattern , then i made a spear head pendant from bone and decorated it with the sme pattern:
PIC_00452.jpg

Next i was inspired by the saami (sami) style sewing kit holders to make a small container suitable as a small stash pot for my pills :
PIC_00512.jpg

PIC_0053.jpg

thanks for looking.

Treestalker

May 26, 2012
Wirral
Truly amazing! Jealous isn't the right word to explain how I'm feeling!!! Lovin the spirals on your blade as well! Keep up the good work!

Treestalker

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi Fish
long time no see
Those are very nice indeed what is the pot part of the pill stash made out of ?
Hope all is good with you and yours

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Hi Fish
long time no see
Those are very nice indeed what is the pot part of the pill stash made out of ?
Hope all is good with you and yours

ive been lurking a while mate and all is reasonably well,been a chaotic few months, the pill stash pot is made from a piece of deer antler with the pith drilled out then a couple of bungs carved from some old oak i have here.

How do you fill the salt bottle? Any chance of some more pics? Please.

i will try and get some more pics up,the camera i am currently using is really c**p! the salt is just poured in the top then the bung replaced.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
That's fantastic work! What do you use for darkening the horn. Is it the same as kolrosing? (I think that's how its spelt...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE