Rucksacks: the final decision

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
FINALLY I have narrowed the rucksack options down to two, the Highlander Forces 44l and the Lowe Alpine Sting. I am interested in how small the sting compresses. Please Help!!!!!

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I'm really happy with my Sting - extremely comfortable to carry, good capacity without being ridiculous. It will compress pretty small but it is not as small as a daypack but I'm happy to trade off the extra size for the sheer comfort of the thing :)
Hope this helps,
Phil

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
The sting is by far the better bag IMO mate

It will sinch up pretty tight, but as said will always be bulkier than a 30ltr daysack

you will be more comfortable with slightly large daysack than trying to make a daysack into a trecking pack by adding pockets and making the capacity too much for its suspenion system to cope with

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Lowe Alpine V Highlander? The Sting has an excellent reputation anyway, and although Arrse gave the Highlander a good review, for about the same price, Endicotts Grade 1 Sting looks better in the long run. Of course if you could try one or both first, that would be great.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Sting for sure. You can guarantee it will fit as its adjustable. The extra weight is carried far better due to the vastly improved comfort. I never use my daypack on days out, just the sting! The extra capacity as come in useful should you find anything 'interesting'...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE