Rucksack mods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Conan257

Jan 21, 2011
Lincoln
I know you've already started but you could always get a snakeskin or hammock sleeve system that will gather your hammock, tarp and all lines into one bag. Then just attack that to the bottom where you used to attach the tent

I have a snakeskin for the hammock, but there's no way I could fit the tarp in there as well. Also, if moving between sites, a damp tarp would get the hammock wet. As well as these 2 I also have a storage hammock, pegs etc for high wind/soft soil, and a few extra bits which will go in these pouches.

Mountainm, I was looking at something similar to that. However, I decided this was the most cost effective solution... The berghaus is also very comfortable for me, so it's a known quantity.

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
I reckon I would use individual stuff sacks, all in a drybag, strapped under the pack where the tent used to was...Keep it simples....

Paul

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Mountainm, I was looking at something similar to that. However, I decided this was the most cost effective solution... The berghaus is also very comfortable for me, so it's a known quantity.

I was gifted the frame, it cost me only delivery, the net I made with some kevlar cord I bought - think that cost me £5. The bergan cover was about £4 if I recall correctly. The bergan liner I already had.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
XL skin from DD fits tarp and hammock; +1 for a drybag to stuff it all in like a tent when wet

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE