Rubbish kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ruvio

Nomad
Does anyone have any rubbishy kit thats maybe just in need of a bit of TLC that they don't want?
i'm a 20 year old student like, and therefore...broke, can't really afford anything for my jaunts into the peaks, money goes on food and shelter and the like haha
but if anyone has anything that they dont like or dont use, or is even broken, i'd love to hear from you, i quite like fixing things up anyway
of course i'm happy to pay you know, p&p and stuff

thanks for your help:)
x

Ruvio

Nomad
haha you'd love the tongue :p

anything really, anything at all. Have been at uni the last 2 years, so not really got any kit...got an ok folding knife and some waterproofs, thats all, ok for walking, but not staying out

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Almost feel like I should open one of these threads, I fit into the same category - young & skint - but I don't think there should be another, I think it would go a bit like freecycle, everyone just asking for wants.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Hmm, I wouldn't normally ask for anything, I think it's a bit cheeky but I guess I shouldn't turn anything down. Whatever anyone wants to send I'd be happy to pay postage on it.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
I've got a Highlander pocket stove and some hexamine tablets to go with it going spare if it's wanted. PM an address and I'll cover the postage.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
actually this reminds me of a thread on an airsoft forum. its essentially a give away thread. you post items that you have no use for anymore but may be of use to others but isnt worth all that much. people PM you and you send it their way, sometimes with postage covered others without or arrange to meet and swap etc.
might go well in the swap/classified section?
one mans rubbish is another mans treasure!

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
actually this reminds me of a thread on an airsoft forum. its essentially a give away thread. you post items that you have no use for anymore but may be of use to others but isnt worth all that much. people PM you and you send it their way, sometimes with postage covered others without or arrange to meet and swap etc.
might go well in the swap/classified section?
one mans rubbish is another mans treasure!

That would be a good idea, but you might get a lot of people who don't actually need it just trying to get free stuff.

Asa.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
That would be a good idea, but you might get a lot of people who don't actually need it just trying to get free stuff.

Asa.

They would be a minority on here mate. I've sent off stuff to folks on here before for nowt, i've even covered p+p but at the end of the day you know that good karma will come back round, which it did for me. :D

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
They would be a minority on here mate. I've sent off stuff to folks on here before for nowt, i've even covered p+p but at the end of the day you know that good karma will come back round, which it did for me. :D

I guess so, I just think it's even more special if it's out of the blue, like I posted in the swap section for a swedish army trangia offering some dvds and games but Toots posted up and said he had one that he hasn't used for ages that I could have and it just felt really nice that someone would do that, then after he sent it he said not to worry about the postage either, I'm always touched by the kindness of people on here, I think having a big place like that might take away from what people are doing as it is more like "the thread where you get free stuff" rather than it being more personal.

Whatever, that's enough from me :240:

H

He' s left the building

Does anyone have any rubbishy kit thats maybe just in need of a bit of TLC that they don't want? ... i quite like fixing things up anyway

I have a smallish (30-litre) daysack which I think is rubbish, but if you like fixing things up then you will love it! :)

If you're interested, pm me your address and I'll get it in the post this weekend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE