Rubbish kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
i have a small shoulder bag that you could use for foraging, a survival blanket, some pacemaker beads that i made, 2 cyalumes, 3 led keychains, a pair of thin wool nike pro gloves, some cheap lanyards, 100m of fishing line, a 2oz tobacco tin, some bike inner tyre (good for fire lighting, so i have read), a KFS set that looks like a SAK, a crab fishing line that is missing the hook, some fishing hooks, a para cord keyfob thing, a whistle, an unopened compact toothbrush (off a flight to australia), and a belt pouch that will fit a 2oz tobacco tin.

after going through all my stuff for ages that is what i came up with :)
if you already have some of the things, then just let me know,
just pm me your address.

Callum.

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
i think i love you callum...lol

slow down!
i just hope it helps :)
i am 16 and only started a few months ago, but already had some small things,
and a was amazed by how kind people are on this forum, so i am happy to give stuff back to members :)

Callum.

H

He' s left the building

I'd quite like some of that stuff :)

pm me your address mate, I may have a clear out of some stuff I haven't used in ages, nothing of any major value so some of it I'll put on here as gizzits.

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
well asa this is the stuff that ruvio didnt take;
small shoulder bag that you could use for foraging, some pacemaker beads that i made, 2 cyalumes, 3 led keychains, a pair of thin wool nike pro gloves, some cheap lanyards, some bike inner tyre (good for fire lighting, so i have read), a KFS set that looks like a SAK, a whistle, an unopened compact toothbrush (off a flight to australia).

you are welcome to have it :)

Callum.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
pm me your address mate, I may have a clear out of some stuff I haven't used in ages, nothing of any major value so some of it I'll put on here as gizzits.

PM sent, thanks a lot :)
Asa.

well asa this is the stuff that ruvio didnt take;
small shoulder bag that you could use for foraging, some pacemaker beads that i made, 2 cyalumes, 3 led keychains, a pair of thin wool nike pro gloves, some cheap lanyards, some bike inner tyre (good for fire lighting, so i have read), a KFS set that looks like a SAK, a whistle, an unopened compact toothbrush (off a flight to australia).

you are welcome to have it :)

Callum.

Definitely, I don't think I'll need the shoulder bag, unless its green as the other small bag I have isn't green so it would be really useful if it is :D I'll PM my address.

Asa.

EDIT: we should re-name this thread the "Lets help out the skint students" thread :p

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
You mention you quite like fixing things......me too........I also enjoy making thing, usually from waste/scrap/end of use items and materials........

Take a look around this and other forums, the net in general, even youtube has some good instructional vids on making kit.

penny stove...for instance.....cheap light and efficient! You'd be surprised just how much kit you don't need, and what you do you can mostly make or adapt yourself......ok I know that there is better gear to be had, but cheap is always a good start till you can afford or you get an offer.

Hopefully you'll get enough given from the good folks on here, but you are going to be short of something and the above is always an option.

Smoggy.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
To me, making do and adapting goes part and parcel with bushcraft, being able to make a working stove in the middle of nowhere, if needs be, is one of the skills one carries with them.....unlike the primus stove you may have inadvertantly left at home, which is why you now need to use the skills you have developed;)!

Nigel.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Dont have any kit to part with but you are more than welcome to have some charcloth i have just made if it helps you out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE