Roughing it with lanterns......

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
nice one red.

by the way, do you own a TV? :rolleyes:

I do - two in fact - although a lot of the time I like the radio more. I think I am probably "hyper active" (or whatever the politically correct term is now). This afternoon I was bored so I knocked up 12lbs of orange and brandy marmalade :)

3087271954_8332a5cf2c_o.jpg

3087271948_b548a71e53_o.jpg

I'll end up giving most of it away most likely as "goodwill" items. Suprising though what a few bottles of pickles, jam or homebrew get you. I once got lifetime shooting rights on 1,000 acres for two jars of pickled onions :cool:

Red

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice lamp Red, now, I now have to get you into brass paraffin stoves, you will in end love them, and I bet you will polish them;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have to say I love that lamp Rik - its comforting hissing away - and it looks as cool as hell too - thanks for all the help!

I'll resist the stoves...for a while......must not buy more stuff..........

Red

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Well, we have had loads of chat about your wonderful weapon, your fab chair and some seriously great looking marmalade.

Now my turn...WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CRACKING LAMP FROM?

:) :red: :) :red: :) :red: :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The bay of E - unused and a very fair price. Then found out (from Rik) where to get the top reflector, spare mantles and service kit. The top reflector comes off so it becomes more "hurricane lamp" in shape or goes on as a table lamp.

I love it so much I'm thinking of sourcing one or two more. Might even do the legwork and sell some on as "finsihed items" now I know how to do it, which parts to get etc.

I wish someone had done that when I bought it all - would have made life a lot easier buying the complete outfit :D

Red

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Aaaah, another comfortable setting.

And another good book. I've had the original version for years. I wonder how different the "New" version is?

Interesting shooter. It has that Webley look, but the lack of trigger guard is perplexing me. Folding trigger? And the "side hammer"?

Oh, the ... toys ... we play with.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Interesting shooter. It has that Webley look, but the lack of trigger guard is perplexing me. Folding trigger? And the "side hammer"?

Oh, the ... toys ... we play with.

Another antique one Mike - its a .32 pinfire pocket revolver :) - Lovely wee thing.

Red

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Indeed - I have topped the glass up too!

Is that better?

3084826343_5114907cd4_o.jpg

Red

That picture makes me want to sit down and read a good book.
Particularly now as there's tons of snow outside.

Red, is that top reflector also brass or is it chrome?

The stag handle on that folder looks spectacular.

/ Karl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE