Rough Close TORM event November 2010 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
JonathanD (only if he get's some prezzies*) - you got a wish list** Jonathan?
Sasquatch
Mesquite
shaggystu (TBC)
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
shaggystu (TBC)
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
shaggystu (TBC)
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Elines (TBC)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Heads-up!

Hmm ... in light of the There is a thief amongst us !! thread.

This is about John's bad trade and not what happened at the Middlewood Meet.

I'm not in the position to name and shame, nor am I in the position to state whether the person involved already has their name down on the list or not. I had hoped that I wouldn't need to use this bit of the OP ...

... In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. ...

This is a case of 'Pay before you Play'! If you owe, you pay before you come to the next RC Meet.

Time for a tidy ...

Meet List:

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
JonathanD (TBC)
shaggystu (TBC)
Elines (TBC)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Sorry, wont be able to make this one now. That's three now. :(

I have removed my name from the thread.

Hope you all have a great time.

Meet List:

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
JonathanD (TBC)
shaggystu (TBC)
Elines (TBC)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As in cases such as these it puts the few of us newcomers that came to the RC event last under suspicion from those that don't know who exactly is responsible for not paying John. It's not very pleasant as just two or three of us were new to that event. I really think a name and shame should be in order to clear those of us that have nothing to hide. Even if that person pays now and all is kept quiet, that doubt will still hang over our heads forever more, and that certainly isn't fair to us.

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
:eek: Read post #64 - your timing on your 'I won't be there' post was a bit ... poor :lmao: . I had an ulterior motive for the question ;)

PM replied to :cool:
No worries chap. They were earned - can't promise the same deal next year :rolleyes: .

I know,:rolleyes: bad timing on my behalf but had to post my apologies :lmao:

Thanks again for the socks, and I can't promise either :lmao:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I hear what you're saying JD. The forum policy seems to be against naming and shaming - whether I agree with it is irrespective :( .

Unfortunately I need to give some kind of ambiguity to the situation - hence not saying whether the person in question is already on the list or not. I've purposely stuck myself between a rock and a hard place because not doing so could still point unfairly and possibly incorrectly.

Like John said in the other thread - newish to the forum - not neccessarily new to Meets ;) .

There is also the chance that someone with their name down may, at the last moment, not be able to make it - If asked nicely, I'm sure that John will happily confirm that they have no outstanding dealings to complete ;) .

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I hear what you're saying JD. The forum policy seems to be against naming and shaming - whether I agree with it is irrespective :( .

Unfortunately I need to give some kind of ambiguity to the situation - hence not saying whether the person in question is already on the list or not. I've purposely stuck myself between a rock and a hard place because not doing so could still point unfairly and possibly incorrectly.

Like John said in the other thread - newish to the forum - not neccessarily new to Meets ;) .

There is also the chance that someone with their name down may, at the last moment, not be able to make it - If asked nicely, I'm sure that John will happily confirm that they have no outstanding dealings to complete ;) .

I can certainly see the difficult position your are in and I really don't want to dwell on this subject and darken the shadow that has already been thrown on this thread. Problem is, that by protecting the guilty now the innocent are by association of being newish to the forum, are tainted by it, and that's not on.

I may have a solution though, which I'll take to PM so that we can get back to business here.

Istvan

Apr 4, 2010
Willington
Hi,

On Saturday I would cook a realy nice Hungarian Gulyas if you guys interested! The only thing I have no 12liter dutch oven :( yet... Can anyone land me one?
thanx!

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
JonathanD (TBC)
shaggystu (TBC)
Elines (TBC)
Istvan

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I'm not in the position to name and shame, nor am I in the position to state whether the person involved already has their name down on the list or not. I had hoped that I wouldn't need to use this bit of the OP ...

This is a case of 'Pay before you Play'! If you owe, you pay before you come to the next RC Meet.

Not sure If I am coming or not yet and I too dont want to dwell on this subject but I dont understand what you mean? :(

Sorry for sounding stupid. :p

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet List:

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
Tank
Addo
PREPER
Twocoals Quark
dave53
Andy2112
The Big Lebowski
Wayland TBC
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
JonathanD (TBC)
shaggystu (TBC)
Elines (TBC)

Not sure If I am coming or not yet and I too dont want to dwell on this subject but I dont understand what you mean? :(

Sorry for sounding stupid. :p

Asking for clarification isn't stupid ;) .

It's an attempt to protect the good reputation of the Meets. I've taken an executive decision* that if someone is purposely dodging payment(s) or reneging on trade(s)/deal(s) then they won't be coming to RC Meets until it's either sorted or an agreement has been reached between the original parties.
Sometimes it's a genuine error 'I thought I'd paid' etc - and a quiet bump usually sorts it out. That isn't what this is about. This is trying to tackle repeated attempts at getting payment(s)/trade(s) sorted.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Site Fees.

* Normally I would ask for input from the Old Hands.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Don't worry, we're used to it :nana:

I almost missed that

38791766.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Can I ask why I've been (TBC'd) That makes me look like the dodgy one.

Because TBC is tidier than
JonathanD (only if he get's some prezzies) - you got a wish list

Plus you didn't actually say that you'd be coming :p - Chad put you on the list after you posted ...

My birthday is on the 13th. If you all bring prezzies, I'll be there.

Coming along then? ;)

We'll even let you bring Dr. Quinn :lmao: :sad6: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE