Rough Close ~ Spring 2017 TORM Meet - 16 - 20 March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'll be at TORM, but I'm afraid that my old man and I won't be camping this time around. I have had my arm twisted by a couple of friends to stay with them instead ;) I know my dad would rather be camping though :rolleyes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'll be at TORM, but I'm afraid that my old man and I won't be camping this time around. I have had my arm twisted by a couple of friends to stay with them instead ;) I know my dad would rather be camping though :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Dave, you'll be missed around the campfire. :(

Catch you at TORM :)

udamiano

On a new journey

Just leave the forge water (not too close to the fire) and your debit card details with Phil, and we will forgive this lapse this time lol 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Just to bump some important bits ...

We do not have use of the field for this Meet.
The field is booked to be used by someone another group.
We can have TWO vehicles parked by the cabin ~ At this time we have two attendees with conditions requiring these spaces.
We can still drive down to drop off kit ~ but you then need to move your vehicle to the Camper's Car Park.
Arrangement has been made to allow anyone who wishes/needs to sleep near their vehicle to pitch their tent on the Main Field (right next to the Camper's Car Park.
Be aware of the site rules (T&C's) and the restrictions on times for entering and leaving the site. Please comply with them.

OK, noted thanks. :)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
02. Mesquite - Thursday to Sunday
03. Rumpole_Stilskin Fri-Sun TBC (Work)
04. Bilmo; Fri. - Sun. TBC
05. TinkyPete Fri-Sun TBC
06. udamiano
07. Mark +1 (traders) Fri - Sun
08. Rob, Ross, two kids TBC Fri - Mon
09. Neil and Clare Thur - Mon
10. Midnitehound + Maggie Fri - Sun
11. Jo and Catherine TBC Fri - Sun
12. Adam +1 ? (traders, camped last time) Checking
13, Twodogs Sat

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
06. udamiano
07. Mark +1 (traders) Fri - Sun
09. Neil and Clare Thur - Mon
12. Adam +1 ? (traders, camped last time) Checking
13, Twodogs Sat

Sorry, I'm afraid due to serious illness in the family we are not going to be able to make it.
:(

Rob et al will not be able to attend due to work commitments.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sorry, I'm afraid due to serious illness in the family we are not going to be able to make it. :(

Rob et al will not be able to attend due to work commitments.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully there's a speedy recovery.

As you're no longer coming along but were the person responsible for the attending traders then, I'm sorry to say, they will no longer be able to attend the Meet either. Please pass on my apologies.

In light of this I have amended the Meet list.

Meet List:

01. decorum
06. udamiano
07, Twodogs Sat
Extend as required...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got some firewood courtesy of Storm Doris prepped and ready to bring up :)

Should be enough to keep the fire going until we get wood prepped on site :camping:

17192176_10154639189098152_2075156372169434292_o.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Should be enough to keep the fire going until we get wood prepped on site :camping:

Cheers, Doris also dispersed some on site too ~ but bringing in a starter makes life a fair chunk easier :D

If those attending would like (or are able) to bring saws and splitters we can keep warm multiple times :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Back from a really relaxing few days in the woods.

Didn't get a single thing done that I planned apart from trying out my coleman oven to but had a great time none the less relaxing with good friends. A perfect way to recharge my batteries :) I'll post up some pics later once I get them sorted out.

Thanks go to Phil for facilitating as usual. Without you these meets wouldn't take place :You_Rock_

I'd also like to say thanks to those folks who were willing help with packing away the communal kit I lent for the weekend and getting it back to my car. Your help was greatly appreciated

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all those who made it along to the Meet ~ chilled and fun.

My thanks to Steve for supplying the communal tarp and fire pit (plus a good chunk of the wood we used to keep ourselves warm with)

And specific thanks go to two gents who I won't mention here ~ truly generous and wholly unexpected :eek: :notworthy :thankyou:

I'll also put up a couple of pics once I've had time to download and look at them :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hey guys, is anyone welcome to these meets or is it long term members/experienced campers etc?

They're open to forum members, new or or long term, who's an experienced or never been out before camper :)

Just keep an eye out for the next meet thread to be posted and put your name down

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE