Rough Close ~ March '11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
nice should be intresting so if the dont find a cabin pass are they slepping under the stars with no bedding ?

Their kit list is:
  • Sleeping bag
  • Kip mat
  • Spoon
  • Billy can*

* This item is shared between 12.

As mentioned previously, they will be scavenging/foraging and doing challenges to get extras ~ if they struggle, there are plans for emergency air drops :cool: .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
sonds like they doing it the summer ? i bet they looking forward to it already sounds like they going to have fun.

Nope, mid to late April. :eek: Wrong :eek: ~ see edit below :eek:

The majority of what's planned is down to their own ideas and thoughts :cool: .

EDIT: The camp will be held the second w/e after our Meet.

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith
John Fenna
Andy T
Dr Jones
Cliv
Twodogs ( arrive Sat am )
Muddy Boots arriving friday
Andy2112 (Sat am)
Ratbag + Ratbag Junior - arriving Saturday
Andy BB (TBC)

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Finally got a pass for the whole weekend, so I can come down and visit with you rum buggers again. Can't wait.

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith
John Fenna
Andy T
Dr Jones
Cliv
Andy2112 (Sat am)
Andy BB (TBC)
PJMcBear

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bring your cash/chequebooks/trade items - I have some goodies to part with and I will let you peek under the bonnet of my van so you can see what I am spending it all on!
The new clutch and gearbox are fitted now ...but still need paying for!

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I have one of these* 15 minutes up the road ~ my wallet and bank account are now accustomed to living in a state of perpetual fear :lmao: .

* Apparently, it the biggest one to date :yikes:

Really? I wish you hadn't mentioned it Phil. My bank card might get a proper hammering one of these days there...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Really? I wish you hadn't mentioned it Phil. My bank card might get a proper hammering one of these days there...

They stealthed their way into residence and, as is their way, haven't advertised their presence.
Unfortunatey I'm after something that, even online, is rather hard to get hold ~ and it's cheaper for me to drive there than pay for P&P (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :eek: ).

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith
John Fenna
Andy T
Dr Jones
Cliv
Andy2112 (Sat am)
Andy BB (TBC)
PJMcBear
Tank (Sat AM)

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Can't wait.

This time out will be the first set up with the gear I'm taking to the fish slapping capital of Europe.

I'm hoping on getting a bit of advice on packing the Bergen properly. I think saturday morning my plan is to head off site for a walk with the kit and see how it sits on my back carrying the load.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Can't wait.

This time out will be the first set up with the gear I'm taking to the fish slapping capital of Europe.

I'm hoping on getting a bit of advice on packing the Bergen properly. I think saturday morning my plan is to head off site for a walk with the kit and see how it sits on my back carrying the load.

Good drills mate. :)

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Cheers Mart,

I've been working through some of the advice you gave me at North Wood and it has changed my approach to what I can realistically take and how I can organize myself on a daily basis.

I'll bring my kit plus a Tarp and IPK and spread the lot out so you and Cliff can have a laugh er I mean a look and see what you reckon.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
my kit list for my 15 pice or less challange 1:pack
2:tarp
3:hammock
4:rollmat
5:sleepingbag
6:axe
7:firebox/wood
8:firesteel
9:spork
10:crusaidercup
11:Knife
12:cup
13:Head tourch
14:wash kit [no items in the kit that are not to do with persional hygine]
15:chair [ pure luxury i know ]

realy looking forward to it now.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
As with most of our previous Meets, this Meet is open to Sales/Trades/swaps. As ever, forum rules apply. For Meets the forum rules are extended to cover scouting and also to cover myself ~ other than where I am directly involved as one of the vested parties.

Sales/Trades/Swaps.

Mr. Fenna - will have _a few bits_
decorum (on behalf of a local scout group) - several paraffin pressure lamps (Tilley and Anchor) - one Optimus 00 stove - one RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd stove (pics in thread)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE