Rough Close ~ March '11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sales/Trades/Swaps.

Mr. Fenna - will have _a few bits_
decorum (on behalf of a local scout group) - several paraffin pressure lamps (Tilley and Anchor) - one Optimus 00 stove - one RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd stove (pics in thread)

may i draw everyones attention to the collection of rucksacks i have in this thread i canbring them along if anyone wants a nose at them?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As with most of our previous Meets, this Meet is open to Sales/Trades/swaps. As ever, forum rules apply. For Meets the forum rules are extended to cover scouting and also to cover myself ~ other than where I am directly involved as one of the vested parties.

Sales/Trades/Swaps.

Mr. Fenna - will have _a few bits_
decorum (on behalf of a local scout group) - several paraffin pressure lamps (Tilley and Anchor) - one Optimus 00 stove - one RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd stove (pics in thread)

I should give a rough idea of some of the stuff I will be letting the lucky ones buy or swap off me - I guess -
Couple of rucksacks including a Bison Bushcraft waxed Canvas one
Some knives (commercial and those I have done myself)
Couple of jackets (Keela etc)
Stainless stel pots for billie making
Leather pouches and sporrans
Flint and steel firelighting sets
Size 9 boots (some almost new Lundhags here!)
Some leather carving tools
Knife making bits (no blades)
You can find details of some of the items in Makers Market or the classifieds sections - but there is much, much more as well :)

I still have to get enough gear sold to pay for my new vans even newer clutch and gearbox as well as my food, fuel, campsite fees and booze for this trip!

I am always up for trading as well as cash - I especially like second hand leather (jackets, trousers, skirts, briefcases, sofas - you name it!) especially in nice browns :) and nice big panels are the best!
Visit Honest John in his nice white van for the best deals on a muddy carpark near YOU!
I will not be at the van all the time (dammit -I am there for the bushcrafting!) but seek me out :D

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Can't wait.

This time out will be the first set up with the gear I'm taking to the fish slapping capital of Europe.

I'm hoping on getting a bit of advice on packing the Bergen properly. I think saturday morning my plan is to head off site for a walk with the kit and see how it sits on my back carrying the load.

I will bring my travel scales so you can weigh your kit as well and I can give you a few tips on bergen packing too as well Dave as well.

Decorum you are a bad man, an axeminster up the road DOH!!!!

I will be bringing some flint and a few trade stuff too :)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
decorum you are a bad man, an axeminster up the road DOH!!!!

;)

funny-pictures-kitten-decides-whether-to-cause-mischief.jpg

mischief.gif

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I will bring my travel scales so you can weigh your kit as well and I can give you a few tips on bergen packing too as well Dave as well.

Scales would be handy Pete thanks mate that would be great.

I weighed the pack last night and it came in at about 18.5k but after I have gone through the Scrutineers I'm hoping to shift some of that.

Also it would be handy to give a weight to certain items and balance that against the need to take.

I'm going with what Martin and Cliff suggest for how to pack it as I think on this side of things to mate- too many cooks and all of that.

I just wanna get one way of organizing it straight in my head really and stick with it.

Having seen the way Cliff has organized his Bergan and camp I consider that the gold standard so will go with what he suggests.

The heaviest lump of kit so far is the food so i might need to have a look at that.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith
John Fenna
Andy T
Dr Jones
Cliv
Twodogs ( arrive Sat am )
Muddy Boots arriving friday
Andy2112 (Sat am)
Ratbag + Ratbag Junior - arriving Saturday
Andy BB (TBC)
PJMcBear
Tank (Sat AM)
NLW - Arriving Freitag.

courtney

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2011
near rugby
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith
John Fenna
Andy T
Dr Jones
Cliv
Twodogs ( arrive Sat am )
Muddy Boots arriving friday
Andy2112 (Sat am)
Ratbag + Ratbag Junior - arriving Saturday
Andy BB (TBC)
PJMcBear
Tank (Sat AM)
NLW - Arriving Freitag.
courtney - Sat AM

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I have a bit of kit for sale :cool:

Vapalux lantern with refector the globe has a crack in it but at present is still servicable but it come with a new globe for when it isnt :)
Picture007-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

cost £40 delivered to the meet
Cast iron gridle for all your fry up needs , has been seasoned
Picture008-2.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

one litre bottle for scale

Cost £10 at the meet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,First dibbs Tank

Swedish army cookset with one alloy billy and one stainless steel billy , NO BURNER !!
Picture010-2.jpg

Cost £10 at the meet
Eagle products 4 litre kettle not avalible outside Norway
Picture013-1.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Used once on my lavvu stove on here first before going on the general sales
Cost £40 at the meet
All sales going towards my trip to Oslo mext month :)
Twoflogs

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE