Rough Close.. Fun, Firearms and Fenna!!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Had a great night at Rough Close last night with Phil, Steve and the guys. Special thanks to Chris "Wolfcrafter" for pulling my van outta the axle deep mud with his pristine 4X4 (still owe you that beer). This was my 1st trip to rough close (and the 1st Mod to visit apparently). And although it was a tad damp, it's a lovely site and I enjoyed the chillaxing around Steve's fire.
In the morning Mr Fenna opened the trading and swap meet hoiking more kit in than I saw at the NEC later that day, I did manage to hold onto my hat although John made a noble bit fer it !!. I came away with a big smile, a book, a passenger (hope ya got home ok Mike !) and a CANNONBALL!!:eek:

The strangest thing was we were all looking at the cannonball then Steve spoke the phrase that put everything in context "Don't worry... It's for Wayland!" All of a sudden everything was crystal clear and people went about their business. I'm convinced you could give anyone on BCUK anything (Vulcan Bomber engine, Small Marsupial, Chainmail Tarp... etc etc and say "don't worry It's for Wayland" and they'll accept it with no further adoo !!

I didn't get many pics but there are a couple below to "WET" your appetitie :D

2csf950.jpg

behsmf.jpg

1ny0j8.jpg

ztd5si.jpg

t8qdfl.jpg

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
oooh muddy! sorry I didn't catch you dave, I'm supposed to be there now but instead I'm laid up with some illness, I'll have another bash at getting down tomorrow, and thanks for the photos as now I know I need me wellies!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
No worries Linz... Get well soon hon x

BB Yup you have to book fer rough close but if you PM Mesquite, he's there quite often and will give you the lowdown on what you need to do.

Hope this helps

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I realy love the hat Dave...
I carried out almost as much trading/sales kit as I carried in...you may see most of it at the Moot!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... being a scout site i assume it`s by invite. ... would like to visit Rough though, looks like a good time can be had.

Keep a eye out for threads that include the words 'Midlands' and 'Meet' in them :cool: .

... This was my 1st trip to rough close (and the 1st Mod to visit apparently). And although it was a tad damp, it's a lovely site and I enjoyed the chillaxing around Steve's fire...

It was good to meet you both and yes, as far as I'm aware, you are indeed the first Mod to pay us a visit.

If you think that it was a tad damp then you really need to have a look at the pics from the December '08 Meet :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE