Rothco Flexipack shoulderbag sizing wrong.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buadhach

Jun 2, 2015
England
I've seen Rothco Flexipack shoulderbags advertised in a few places. Always at 12"x6"x4", perfect for a Crusader set and a bit of day trip kit. But they measure 9.25"x6"x4". At least the one I got from a well known supplier measured 9.25"x6"x4", which wasn't perfect for that job. Nice little bag, reasonably well made but not the size they say it is, so no cigar. If you cram a Crusader 2 kit in, the lid closure can only just snap closed fully extended, exposing a channel between lid and top valance, perfect for channelling rainwater into the bag, which doesn't have a drain hole in the base.

Is it *so* bad to expect things to be the size the vendors claim? Check out the 2 pix showing the size of bag when filled with a set of books which completely fill it, and the pic of the bag with a Crusader kit crammed inside. Nice little bag, irritating that the advertised size was wrong. No, I'm not sending it back, nice little thing, I'll find a use for it. This post is just to steer Crusader 2 cookset users clear of it. It could be fine for the all steel original Crusader cooksets. (But if you use alcohol fuel or hexitabs, the new version cooker is much more efficient and you can also carry a Trangia burner between cup and cooker, can't do that with the original.....)

Follow up:- I received an apologetic email and partial refund the following day. I'm pleased the company came good, and I'm glad they apologised because I now feel I can continue to deal with them. Naming the company would have achieved nothing and may even been counter productive.

Attachments

• flexipack2.jpg
    flexipack2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 8
  • flex1.jpg
    flex1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8
  • toosmall2.jpg
    toosmall2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE