romantic bushcrafting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
ive recently been very fortunate and met a very lovely lady(aint gonna call her SWMBO just yet :) ) she has expressed an interest in coming wild camping with me. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make it a little bit more romantic than the two of us shivering underneath a poncho, if it was me I would be under the poncho but I am trying to impress.
all suggestions gratefully receved.
Regards
Sam

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I would go for the tent rather the hammock option, make sure you've good mats and take loads of bedding, 'cos lots of us girlies feel the cold... ok I know you want to cuddle up together for warmth :naughty: but it'll create a better impression if you've spare blankets etc!

Take a bit of scoff that's easy to cook and a bottle of wine ... if you want to really impress pop a candle in a jam jar then you've got a candle-lit dinner :cool:

Good luck!

I did offer to take her to a proper campsite with all the facilities but she said she didnt mind going without the niceties,
I was debating taking a tent think thats the way forward for me, was gonna take plenty of sleeping bits anyway I'm not too keen on being cold myself. :)
The double hammock sounds interesting but wouldnt it cause something like seasickness( hammocksickness maybe?)
As for the wine idea could i get away with the middle of a box of wine so its just like a water bladder easier to carry when empty.
thanks for the tips
Sam

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
You can't actually sleep two people comfortably in a double hammock. It just doesn't work (or so I'm told).

As for other suggestions to make the event more romantic... "Oops, I only seem to have packed one sleeping bag. Silly me!" ;)

I'll get me coat...

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I did offer to take her to a proper campsite with all the facilities but she said she didnt mind going without the niceties

Hehehe - does she know what she's letting herself in for?

I was debating taking a tent think thats the way forward for me, was gonna take plenty of sleeping bits anyway I'm not too keen on being cold myself.

TBH you're best going with what you're comfortable with too.

The double hammock sounds interesting but wouldnt it cause something like seasickness( hammocksickness maybe?)

That depends on how much swaying to intend to do.

As for the wine idea could i get away with the middle of a box of wine so its just like a water bladder easier to carry when empty.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Hope you have fun.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Two zip together sleeping bags perhaps a season less than you'd need...

"Sneaky? No, we'll die if we don't conserve body heat."

;)

ive recently been very fortunate and met a very lovely lady(aint gonna call her SWMBO just yet :) ) she has expressed an interest in coming wild camping with me. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make it a little bit more romantic than the two of us shivering underneath a poncho, if it was me I would be under the poncho but I am trying to impress.
all suggestions gratefully receved.
Regards
Sam

I was in that position a few years ago and now I'm married! :p

Top tips...
prepare for the worst-it could rain all the time so beg borrow a tent which is big enough for her to dress in and with a porch to cook in...
Double air bed...insulate it with a blanket or pile throw, she'll appreciate it.
Use a duvet, or unzip both bags zip em togther and use a s aquilt with a throw on top
Take pillow cases and stuff them with clothes for pillows
Burn inscense sticks in the porch (she'll fall for that one ;)
Give her a small bag with some nice stuff in it, like goretex socks, wet wipes, tissues, mini toochbrush etc she'll appreciate the love man
Buy her a shewee...
Nowe for the nice and easy part...get a canoe, paddle to a remote island on a loch, put the champagne in the loch to cool it down while u set up the tent and airbed.
Get a fire going on the beach in a pit if it's dry...impress her with your cooking and have your own island all to yourselves.
Take her for a moonlit paddle around the island at night before you start drinking!
Make her laugh/comfy and chilled out...yeagh and leave the barry white cd at home...:rolleyes:

Man! w00dsmoke you are the Master! :lmao:

That's not what she calls me! Hahahahaa this is my other half on our honeymoon! :lmao: and that is one hell of aknife she is holding! (Island on Loch Maree after padling out)And yeagh sure she does but hey to be fair we both like comfort and a wee bit of effort goes a long long way on a wild camp!
20b843ff.jpg

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
woodsmoke your the man!!!!

No wonder you were successful!!!

Forget the hammock the thing, have any of you got any idea how hard it is to be romantic in a hammock. I am not saying it ain't possible you just have to be very supple. Doctor spoon is right women feel the cold, there is proper medical research on this, men are more likely to die of cold though. Especially if they think they can share a hammock:buttkick:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE