Hello from Wiltshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Greetings peoples!
Sorry it's a long post, you've been warned.

I've visited this site many times and have drawn some knowledge and experience by taking ideas and putting them in practice , and for that I'm very grateful! Thank you all for all those posts tips and tutorials!

I've long had a fascination with trees, forests and the feel , sound , smell , and look of different woods.
Walking in woodland is like therapy for me and i can't really explain how it makes me feel, without sounding mental or strange.

I play the guitar , I'm a carpenter and I play with wood most days.
It's a wonderful medium .

I can honestly say that I much rather spend a week in the woods in the middle of winter than a single day trapped in an office job in any city .

Me and my pack (wife and 2 kids), often walk our 4 legged brother (Ozzy the Lab) around in the many woods and hills of the area, beautiful megaliths , ancient woodland and sacred water springs.

Very fortunate , despite always having too much month at the end of the money...

I truly believe that living so close to these places has kept me sane and has helped us all grow inside.

Im trying to gain the relevant knowledge and slowly (money permitting) buying kit and modding , making , trying kit to spend many comfortable nights out wild camping in all seasons, with my family.

SWMBO works and plays with horses , beautiful gypsy cobs and we all get a go , out in the cart or just off the beaten track , with no saddles or gear. Just us and the horses.
It's a great way to ground your soul into the natural world again.
I like the "Leave No Trace" approach to outdoor activities and really admire the native American culture and belief systems.

I also feel fortunate that I found here , a bustling hub of like-minded individuals and groups who freely share experience and information on my favourite subjects, with a sense of humour, no prejudice and without wanting anything in return!
Bushcraft UK and Natural Bushcraft are an amazing , powerful source of inspiration and information for kids of all ages.

I take out my visitors hat and replace it with an apprentice's one instead , in the hope that I become a better human and have a better understanding of my environment .

Rant over...

Regards

Leshy - Guardian of the forest

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE