Romance or Madness (of The Long Distance Defender Owner)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Japanese 4x4 no, never owned one.

Thought not.

I'd rather have a car I can fix myself with a hammer, some duct tape and a half decent socket set and some pocket money for parts

That's the difference I guess. I'd rather have a car that doesn't need to be fixed regularly or indeed at all with proper servicing.

I don't want to tinker and mess about with cars, I just want to drive them. They are a means of transport to me, not a hobby.

I've had a number of Landrovers and I just got bored with the poor build quality and constant niggling problems you get with them. They are undoubtedly capable off road, but the attention to detail is woeful (in my view). Sure they are fun and good for "image", but I need my car to be reliable, and they aren't. Nor are they cheap - as I said, I got a comfortable, warm, dry, reliable car that is very nearly as capable off road for less money than a sub 2 year old 110. I haven't needed any parts in well over 100,000 miles of motoring. So, fo me, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, more comfortable, more reliable.

Its a no brainer for me. I'm happy you feel differently - if you enjoy tinkering with your socket set, good luck to you

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE