Roll-up toboggans - anyone got some pics?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats looks good. Especially rolled up. Where did you get the tape, and the other stuff Welchy?

Ta.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Doh, I think that the numbers I got were for PE300, not the PE1000 I thought I was looking at. I'll drop them an email and see what they can do.

J

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'm not keen = they slide sideways far too easily and load up with snow, need some sort of a keel.
Even temporary on the left and right edges.
Pretty effective in wet grass, too.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
We did have that issue when walking down a road, the boggans kept sliding into the carriageway. Still fo the price they are well worth a try if on a budget.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Here, they are called "Krazy Karpets." Sold by the thousands for kids to slide on snow-covered hills in winter.
Most kids slide on their knees. I decided to sit instead. Seriously thought that I had broken my butt.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a quote today from a company, £162.65, for 3 sledge blanks, each one measuring 9.8 feet, by 15.7 inches, 3mm thick, made out of Tyvek, which is a brand name for pe1000, [Its supposed to be excellent, very slippy] in an off white colour.

That would be £54.21 each, plus whatever it costs me to post it to you.

Id be up for it. Anyone else?

It only comes in the off white colour.

I should give first refusal to Quixotigeek, as she has already shown an interest in getting one. AndyBB, are you after one?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE